cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Persistent alert via email using IP SLA Echo operation with track and EEM.

marramix01
Level 1
Level 1

I am working to get alerting for up\down state on  a metro ethernet point to point connection between our two data centers. I have configured the IP SLA Echo operation w/ track and using EEM on 9300 switch at the primary data center (DC-1)  to send an email in case the link goes down; or simply, if  the switch on the other end of the point to point stops responding to pings from IP SLA Echo. All that is working, I have tested by admin down the point to point interface on the the 9300 at DC-2 switch,  and I am able to received an alert when link goes down or when it comes back up. 

The main issue is - I would like to keep getting the alert emails until the condition or state of the link changes - i.e. if link goes down, continue to alert until the link comes back up via email. 

Other wise, if the point to point goes down I could potentially miss the email alert in case events occurs after hours. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The main issue is - I would like to keep getting the alert emails until the condition or state of the link changes - i.e. if link goes down, continue to alert until the link comes back up via email. 

as i understand you looking get email continuous until link come up is this correct.

May be you can run another EEM Script to check and email - is this works ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ok, is it possible for you to provide a sample config or a link where I can find that? I have research for a bit, but I haven't had any luck. 

Could the EEM check for down state and continue to alert via email until state changes to up? 

Thanks again, 

AMontiel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco