cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Persistent alert via email using IP SLA Echo operation with track and EEM.

marramix01
Level 1
Level 1

I am working to get alerting for up\down state on  a metro ethernet point to point connection between our two data centers. I have configured the IP SLA Echo operation w/ track and using EEM on 9300 switch at the primary data center (DC-1)  to send an email in case the link goes down; or simply, if  the switch on the other end of the point to point stops responding to pings from IP SLA Echo. All that is working, I have tested by admin down the point to point interface on the the 9300 at DC-2 switch,  and I am able to received an alert when link goes down or when it comes back up. 

The main issue is - I would like to keep getting the alert emails until the condition or state of the link changes - i.e. if link goes down, continue to alert until the link comes back up via email. 

Other wise, if the point to point goes down I could potentially miss the email alert in case events occurs after hours. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The main issue is - I would like to keep getting the alert emails until the condition or state of the link changes - i.e. if link goes down, continue to alert until the link comes back up via email. 

as i understand you looking get email continuous until link come up is this correct.

May be you can run another EEM Script to check and email - is this works ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ok, is it possible for you to provide a sample config or a link where I can find that? I have research for a bit, but I haven't had any luck. 

Could the EEM check for down state and continue to alert via email until state changes to up? 

Thanks again, 

AMontiel