Helpful
Replies

Physical vs Logical Network design

burhaans28
Level 1
Level 1

physical network design.jpg

Hi, guys 
This is my physical network design i did it like this I dont know its a right way or not I used Three tier architecture.
So how to convert this physical into logical network design 

Kind Regards

10 Replies 10

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @burhaans28 

Core layer are which unit ? Nexus ? Catalyst?

Develop an IP addressing scheme for your logical design. Consider subnets for different segments of your network. This includes addressing for core, distribution, and access layers.

Choose the routing and switching protocols that will be used within each layer. For example, OSPF or BGP for routing in the core, VLANs and STP at the access layer, etc...

Incorporate logical redundancy and high availability mechanisms. This may include redundant links, HSRP/VRRP for gateway redundancy, and routing protocols with fast convergence.

As concerned WAN side, check where NAT is active, add BGP peer with ISP router and mark how WAN traffic is handled....ISP 1 as primary ? Etc...

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

So as for my physical design this one is okay i need to do logical 
I am using cisco 9500 switch at the core layers 
so i will give the ip on the same design 
and how can i give the ip address scheme

Ok @burhaans28 

C9500 play the role of core and distri.

Fw acting as Gateway for each vlan ? Core acting Gateway with vip hsrp ? Consider this for you logical topology.

Best regards

very well, Let me do the logical design  and post it here pls let me know if it is correct or not 

Sure @burhaans28.

Best regards

@burhaans28 wrote:
I am using cisco 9500 switch at the core layers 

I disagree.

If I was to strictly follow the design, my core switch would be a 9600.  The 9500 will be my distro and my access layer will depend on the design, use, size of each rack and budget.  My access layer could be a 9400, 9300, 9200 or even a Catalyst 1000.

No need distrubte layer 

You can merge core and distribute layer in one.

MHM

okay but the diagram that i have is that way the physical network design we do or my diagram is wrong for physical network design 

If we connect many campus we need Core to send packet inbetween 

Here you have only one so why core.

We dont need it.

MHM

Okay I got that part and how can i give the logical design 
and ip addressing scheme like supoose i have 8 vlan and 4 vlan has 2000 users and 4 vlan has 1000 users