cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 888

engmohysf1984
Level 1
Level 1
  • I have router 888 and connected to Internet normally through ISP and has been configured to have DHCP server 
  • The issue that I connected several Aruba access points they all receive IPs and DNS but they can't get the gateway
  • I will be glad for any assistance 
7 Replies 7

Share the config let us check it 

MHM

Ok I will send it
The access points are Aruba 11D .Take care that they are working propably
through another router

BR

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The issue that I connected several Aruba access points they all receive IPs and DNS but they can't get the gateway

what IP address they get, Hope the Router acting as DHCP Server ( did you confirured correctly the DHCP configuration for that subnet ?)

Do you have any other subnet which is working in Lan side ?

how is these AP are conencted via switch ?

DHCP Config example as below :

(config)#ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.10.1 192.168.10.50
(config)#ip dhcp pool BB-DHCP
(dhcp-config)#network 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0
(dhcp-config)#default-router 192.168.10.1
(dhcp-config)#dns-server 192.168.10.1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

engmohysf1984
Level 1
Level 1
10 Access points 11D Aruba connected to Cisco POE switch catalyst 3750 which is in turn connected to the Cisco router 888

I have configured DHCP on the router and all the access get IP and DNS 
1.1.1.1 DNS
But no getaway 

Known that no vlan occured 

My subnet mask : 255.255.254.0

Hello,

as requested by @MHM Cisco World , post the full running configuration (sh run)...

I have configured DHCP on the router and all the access get IP and DNS 

we heard that - but we are asking some more information have you get chance to produce that.

in your case i take 3750 acting as Layer 2  - can you post that configuration ?

Router acting as Gateway and DHCP - can you post that configuration ?

0 Access points 11D Aruba connected to Cisco POE switch catalyst 3750   - All having same issue ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I do not understand this statement "Known that no vlan occured". Can you explain?

It is interesting that your subnet mask is /23, which would have 510 usable IP addresses. The IP that you give 192.168.1.31 would be in the addresses in the upper half of the address space. Is perhaps the gateway address in the lower half of the address space? If so could you try changing the gateway address to something in the upper half of the address space?

I am wondering if the Aruba are taking pretty classful approach (don't understand super netting) and assuming that if the address is in 192.168 that the gateway must be in the same 256 address space? To investigate this you might try configuring the DHCP pool to use 172.16 (class B) addresses and see if it works better.

HTH

Rick