cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PICA/"Additional Access" Questions...

Josef Oduwo
Level 7
Level 7

I am new to "Additional Access" on Cisco.com. Could someone explain to me how Cisco.com's Partner-Initated Customer Access (PICA) system works?

Yes, we have access to the IOS images, CNA, Ciscoworks and the rest but what do you pay for (if at all) in addition to service contract when you download this gear? Is it a case of "if you can see it and get it, then you can use it"? Does the contract you have allow unlimited access to this software?

The information I am gettting from our partner and Cisco.com is just not clear enough.

TIA,

Josef.

2 Replies 2

Josef Oduwo
Level 7
Level 7

Would appreciate any pointers...

This new access is a complete pain; I am a contractor who moves between businesses and hold valid PICA access.

It will mean each time I move I will need to get myself registered with the new partner and make sure all existing equipment is covered, I can understand this for licencing but for IOS downloads that you are already entitled to it is a complete ball ache, especially with legacy kit.

It will also mean I will not be able to download IOS to virtualise for training and testing purposes.

If I remember rightly Avaya went down this route and lost a lot of business because of it

I am just in the process of looking at a complete voice system upgrade; it is making me think of looking at other products that are more engineer friendly

Also the communication of these changes has been very poor.