Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 1.3 configuration archives

lni1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I am fairly new to Prime 1.3 (POC testing), for testing purposes I discovered a class C range (255.255.255.0)

containing a bit of everything (AP 1240, C3560 & C3750).

When looking in the config archive only the AP's have configs stored, the others failed, snmp & telnet

credentials are the same for the whole range, what could I do wrong ?

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian railways

5 Replies 5

cwallin
Level 1
Level 1

Im not that familiar with Infrastructure (have used LMS mainly), but from the screenshot you attached it looks like it tries to use SSH to contact the device.

So I would try to either activate SSH on the device, or change the protocol to telnet.

As I said, I havent used Infrastructure much, but a quick search resulted in this:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.2/configuration/guide/admin.html#wp1603261

Let us know if it works!

cwallin,

Me too have 5y+ experience with CW 3.2

Thank you very much for the answer, unfortunately it stays the same.

How come that AP's are done and Switches not ?

Prime 1.3 is nevertheless very imature, Cisco is trying to bring the mix of wired/wireless,which

could be good, but for now I find the interfaces very hazy.

Also in the link you send, they talk about AP's and controllers, but no switches, I don't get it.

I already doublechecked telnet settings and selected telnet for config download

Many thanks,

Lieven Stubbe

Belgian Railways

Simply had to change the telnet/ssh settings in system settings

Hi

Lieven

Which specific settings did you change? Can you dirrect me to it please?

Cheers!

AJ

Hi!

I have the opposite situation.

I've succesfully added C3560 and got an Archive. But can't add AP and Wireless Controller.

Failures:

AP - Unknown error

WLC - SNMP: Failed to establish SNMP connection to 10.0.10.101 - Cause: Device  is Unreachable. Check the ReadOnly community string. SNMP: Failed to  establish SNMP connection to 10.0.10.101 - Cause: Device is Unreachable.  Check the ReadOnly community string. (I use SNMP v3).

Try to add your Prime server ip address to VTY-access ACL on your switches. I've got a config archive only after that.