Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.1 NCS Physical Appliance as a Syslog Server

aparada14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a PI 2.1 NCS Physical Appliance and a client want it as a syslog server too, routers and switches have been configured to send the log to PI but I can't see anything in Operate > Alarms & Events; click Syslogs. Anybody knows what could be the issue or if it's necesary enable a check box.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

So far PI can only show Severity 0 ,1 and 2 syslogs under Operate > Alarms & Events >syslogs

If you are not able to see them also then try to restrat the PI services (ncs stop and ncs start ) and check the issue again

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On Prime Infrastructure (at least up to and including Release 2.1), parsing and the ability to view syslog messages lower than level 2 requires modification of a file in the underlying OS.

A thread on how to do so can be found here.

Hi,

I have read the link enclosed, and it's mentioned edit the following file:

/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/syslog_sev_filter.xml file

this is made into the shell using a Prime Infrastructure Virtual Appliance, this is valid for physical appliance too?

I don't have a physical appliance on hand to verify it personally but the underlying file system and directory structure (within /opt/CSCO anyway) should be identical.

In both cases it's the same application running within ADE-OS on a customized RHEL distribution.

Hi,

I would be doing this soon and report you back. I have another question, PI is capable of monitoring cisco devices power supplies?, I am searching but I haven't found some information about it.

As Marvin also said , this should be applicable to physical appliance too

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****