cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.2 . Backup Issue (Database error)

Hello to every one.

I have an issue with the PI 2.2. When i am trying to backing up the server (application NCS)  i am taking back this error:

NCSELVINF/mpapa# backup PRIMETESTBACKUP repository PRIMEINFRAST.BACKUP application NCS

DO NOT press ^C while the backup is in progress
Aborting backup with a ^C may terminate the backup operation or the backup file may be corrupted

Backup Started at : 01/28/15 17:25:32
DB size is 99 GB
Available size is 53 GB
you might run out of disk space in repository, Do you want to proceed with backup
do you want to proceed [y/n]?
y
proceeding with backup
ERROR : Cannot proceed with backup as the free space available in oracle fast recovery area (54634 MB) is less than the current database size(60825 MB).
% Internal error: couldn't create backup file

How c an i increase the oracle fast recovery area from PI 2.2 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need more local disk space even though you are using a remote ftp repo. The only exception is when using an NFS share. For ftp/sftp, data during backups are still staged locally. 

Have a look at the following from the admin guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/backup_restore.html#33033

Regards, Daniel

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You selected "y" to proceed after the process alerted that you would likely not have enough space in the configured repository.

I'd try setting up a remote ftp repository on a system with sufficient disk space to accommodate the backup. 

hello.

I have already a ftp repository configured where i am trying to take the backup.

repository PRIMEINFRAST.BACKUP
  url ftp://10.57.22.212
  user mpapa password hash e5b4b4647ea313bcbee41504a6b9885675927d7e

The hosting of repository location  is staging at my PC (e:) local drive with plenty of capacity

The problem is the database capacity

Cannot proceed with backup as the free space available in oracle fast recovery area (54634 MB) is less than the current database size(60825 MB).
% Internal error: couldn't create backup file.

There is any way to increase the oracle fast recovery area ? One solution which i already done is to add one HD extra at the vm. But for me, i think that it is  better  solution increasing the fast recovery area , if this is impossible.

You need more local disk space even though you are using a remote ftp repo. The only exception is when using an NFS share. For ftp/sftp, data during backups are still staged locally. 

Have a look at the following from the admin guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/backup_restore.html#33033

Regards, Daniel

Hello Daniel & Marvin

Thanks for the time you spend for me .

My Prime backup is working fine by adding local disk space as i described  and for being sure for the future i configured NFS share.

But I am wandering. Can we configure the Prime 's database ? 

I opened a new thread with my problem.

please delete.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card