Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.10.4 - Device Pack and PDMT Update outdated

Stephan Hendl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

recently I've installed Prime Infrastructure 3.10.4 Update 02 as well as the corresponding system patch. The system still wants to install "Device-Pack-1-PI3.10-14.ubf" and "PI_3_10_4_Prime_Data_Migration_Tool_Update_05-1.0.14.ubf". Both are superseeded (see Screenshots attached). How can I delete them from the platform in order to get less alarms form software that cannot be installed?

Regards
Stephan

7 Replies 7

pieterh
VIP
VIP

in PI_3.10.4_Prime_Device_Pack_1.PNG I see a checkbox and a delete-button
this screenshot shows files that have been uploaded to Prime into an installation folder

you can safely remove the files that are not needed for the upgrade

On Administration - Licenses and Software Updates - Software Update and then select Files tab and then will let you mark check box to delete files.

***** Rate if Helpful *****

Stephan Hendl
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for reply. I can delete only files wich are not in use, e.g. the device pack. This does not solve my problem. Every time when I log into Prime Infrastructure there is a red exclamation mark on the upper right corner which shows me that there are critical Updates to be installed. But the proposed updates are part of other updates that have been installed before...

unfortunately, you can not!
only Cisco can modify the checks performed by prime 

e.g. the device pack can be downloaded separately  AND is included in the update-02
you device pack-1 should not be offered separately anymore

It's been long time ago that I've used prime, but as I remember when there are multiple device packs,
you are not forced to install the highest device pack
you will see all in the list,  (-1, -2, -3 etc) and  you can chose whatever device pack is useful for your environment 

Colsen899
Level 1
Level 1

Navigating Prime Infrastructure can be tricky, especially regarding file management and device packs. Your observation on the inability to modify checks by Prime and the reminder that you can choose specific device packs based on your environment's needs provides valuable insights for users dealing with multiple packs. 

Networker17
Level 1
Level 1

I only know that you can "hide" the red exclamation mark by clicking on it and selecting "Ignore" for the package you don't want to display.