cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.2 released, anybody already upgraded?

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All

Cisco has released Prime Infrastructure 3.2 some days ago. Release notes: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-2/release/notes/cpi_rn.html

I've read through them and the release does fix at least one bug I'm hitting.

Anybody of you has already upgraded?

20 Replies 20

True true, just listing up the bugs here for the curious people who first check the forums before doing the upgrade :)

Well we did have most of the bugs either ironed out (or at least documented with workarounds) with Prime LMS 4.2.

But then Cisco has let that product wither on the vine...

- That's an acceptable experience but it would be much more informative for the community if you could describe which specific problems you encountered  (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

mbuttnerMSI
Level 1
Level 1

The Quick Start Guide 3.2 for inline is incorrect on nms stop.

"Step 10 Stop the Prime Infrastructure server by entering the command ncs stop . (This step is not required if you are upgrading from 3.1.x to 3.2)."

Prime 3.1.5 Device Pack 12, Virtual

Still had to ncs stop or you fail pre-install script stage. So do not walk away.

3.1.6 U1 release notes explain that updates will only being accessible through website. Is this going to be the same going forward on 3.2? 

"Due to a technical difficultly, until further notice, patches cannot be directly downloaded from cisco.com through Administration -> Software Updates page. While we are working to restore this access, until then, please download this update to your local machine and then manually upload and install it through PI’s Software Updates page."

>...

>Still had to ncs stop or you fail pre-install script stage. So do not walk away.

- Confirmed, I experienced the same behavior

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: