cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem stopping daemons Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.3

twilcox
Level 1
Level 1

At the command prompt when I attempt to stop the daemons with net stop crmdmgtd, the system returns this error message:

System error 5 has occured.

Access is denied.

My account is an admin account so I'm puzzled by what may be causing this.

Any ideas?  I haven't ever encountered this before.  pdshow does work but I cannot stop / start the daemons.  This is a windows server runnin 2008 R2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've not seen that one before.

Suggestion / things I would try:

Have you tried using Windows' Service Manager GUI? If that also fails, perhaps open your command prompt with "Run As" Administrator (and not just an account with Admin privileges).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've not seen that one before.

Suggestion / things I would try:

Have you tried using Windows' Service Manager GUI? If that also fails, perhaps open your command prompt with "Run As" Administrator (and not just an account with Admin privileges).

Marvin -- awesome!! Thanks, right click and then running the cmd window as administrator did the trick!

Minor detail coming to 2008 R2 from ... 2003 ... logging in as a domain admin , local admin ... not enough! You have to tell the command prompt that you want it to run as admin ... bullet to the head.

The lamest part is this:  the whole point of doing this ... migrating from 3.2 to 4.2.3 and hoping this data migration would work ... because the 4.2.3 data migration plan pops right up ... I get the backup done and go to restore into 4.2.3 and the system reports that the it will only restore from 4.1 and above.

I'm ready for the cyanide tablet now ... nothing quite like looking at porting tons of recurring and scheduled netconfig jobs into a new system.

You're welcome.

Yes, it's a 2008 thing now that I recall. Part of Microsoft's securing the OS more thoroughly is to require one really really confirm that they want to run the command prompt with elevated privileges.

On the Windows 2008 R2 LMS server I used to run, it was not joined to a domain and I was the only console user so I used the local "Administrator" account (contrary to best practices, I know - but it does keep you from having to take that extra step).