cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random tftp failures for config download (LMS2.5)

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

I notice that we have quite a few switches in the "Partial succesfull" group when we sync the config archive.

Seems randomly we get a failure either for the start, running or the vlan config.

Since I can see (debug tftp event) that CW tries to initiate the downloads, and I have files on the tftpboot dir that I believe were the requested files, I think it has to be a timeout problem.

I haven't tried to see how CW determens what the failure cause is but I think it would work better if CW would give the device a litle more time.

Is there a timeout soemwhere that I can adjust?

Thanks,

Michel

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

RME -> Admin -> System Preferences -> RME Device Attributes ?

Nope, that's for SNMP and Telnet.

Haven't seen anything for TFTP

But this page would indeed be the place where it should be.

:-)

Michel

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't help but can confirm I have the same problem.

I have several devices in a NetConfig that fails with :

ERROR:RME_CDL1031:Transport session to devics failed

TFTP: Failed on the device. Unable to create a soket to /[a.b.c.d - device IP]

It's different from what I had in the sense that I can get some, but not all of the devices configs.

Maybe these devices don't have a route to the network where you want to tftp to.

Have you tried to do a copy tftp from the CLI to the ciscoworks server? Just create a file named abc is the bootptftp directory of the ciscoworks and try the copy command. use abc as the target filename

Cheers

Michel

Hi,

It does ndeed appear to be random as if I retry a job you will get different devices failing and some devices succeeding that previously failed.

Ian.

rskinner
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having a similar problem, currently trying to find out what the cause is. Only affects the VLAN config pull. It does not appear to affect running / startup. Running LMS2.5 with SP1

VLAN RUNNING Nov 04 2005 11:18:06 Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:.VLAN-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Unable to create a socket to /xx.xx.xx.xx

I have the same problem with the vlan error in partial successes. It seems all of the failures have the same IOS version and its different to the rest of my LAN.

I will find the correct IOS version and have a look through bugs and raise a TAC otherwise as it seems IOS specific.

Take a look at the partial VLAN failures and check to see if the IOS' are all the same version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card