Views
Helpful
Replies

Share printer across 24 Cisco switches with multiple vlans

SurajR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have 28 Cisco SG350X-48p switches. These switches have different Vlans for our customers. We currently have a printer which is connected via the public ip. We would like to instead allow our customers to access this printer via our own internal network. How can I share this printer on all the customers vlan and not allow any other traffic apart from this printer. Ideally would like to connect to this printer via the ip address we assign from our internal dhcp pool. 
all our uplink ports have trunk as configured with all traffic. Our customer ports are set as access ports for their own vlan. We control vlans. 

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I have problems with this design , as you are saying make sure that the printer is directly available on the intranet , (usually then it will be using a private address instead)  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,

Im little confused. I can make the printer get an IP Address from our DHCP internally. However our network consists of a lot of different VLANS for customers networks segments. how would I make it available via the intranet? 

I can make the printer get an IP Address from our DHCP internally

Give example what IP address Printer Gets ? as long people can reach the IP address - they can use printer. (technically there is not ACL).

However our network consists of a lot of different VLANS for customers networks segment

In the Same Campus or they are located in branches are remote location ?

how would I make it available via the intranet? 

If you routing OK and you able to reach the Printer IP you should able to print.

I would suggest to make a Different VLAN if the printer in shared Services, and make Sure that IP reachable to all the customer segment and make ACL to Allow Only printer IP to print.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So I can make the printer get an IP Address from DHCP on our main subnet of 10.0.0.0/24 but all the customer have different networks. They are all located in the same campus. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card