cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for c7200 fan (c7200-js-mz.124-21.bin)

sercopi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm using NWC hardware health script (check_nwc_health) but it's not able to have information about FAN status for a c7200 router; the output of the script for the FAN is: SNMP error the requested table is empty or does not exist.

Seems like the script don't use the correct OID for the FAN, but I'm not sure.

The same script working well for CPU load, MEM usage, and so on but not for FAN.

Someone can suggest me how can I solve this problem? What is the OID for c7200 FAN?

Any information that you can send are welcomed.

Best Regards

--

Giovanni Davide Saccà

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/7200/technical_references/7200_mib_guides/7200_mib_specs_guide_v3/7200mib3_1.pdf

Try snmp-walking the CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB and or the CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB , check if something resembling fan status shows up. Note that sometimes low  end hardware models don't implement such features.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi marce1000,

thank you for your reply, I read the user guide use suggest me, where I already find that the FAN  may be contain into CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB and/or the CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB .

I'm already download each MIB you suggest me.

Now my snmp-walking is this:

snmpwalk -v2c -c infra-mrtg <IP_router> enterprises.9.9.13

What does it mean try snmp-walking the CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB and or the CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB?

Best Regards

--

Giovanni Davide Saccà

- It means browsing the whole mib with snmpwalk.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank for your help marce1000.

I browse the suggested MIB as indicate in the guide, in details look the .png file in attach.

The output of snmpwalk is in the file.txt in attach.

Checking seems like the FAN module is not listed.

Where I can find (except the MIB, also is obvious must be into it) the OID for the FAN?

Which kind of check may do again?

Any information that you can send me are welcomed.

Best Regards

--

Giovanni Davide Saccà

- It looks like the FAN status can not be retrieved by snmp because I can not find it either in your outputs; follow the below link to find out which mibs are supported by your device :

https://mibs.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/MIBS/MainServlet

M.