Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM on Prem High Availability - Cluster upgrade

alexander80
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks.

i deployed a SSM on Prem Version 8 High availabilty cluster and as far as i can tell it's working.

Now i have a specific question regarding the upgrade process of the cluster.

I read that for upgrading the Cluster one has to tear down the cluster - this creates stand-alone nodes again -> upgrade the nodes -> form the cluster again.

I have read here - SSM On-Prem 8.X High Availability Cluster Working - Cisco - that the secondary node must be discarded and cannot be reused:

Quote:

"After you verify the SSM On-Prem’s operation, the Secondary/Standby server must be discarded and cannot be reused."

So - what does that mean ? Do i have to completly reinstall the secondary node from scratch  from a ISO file before i form the cluster again ?

I read all the guides for the SSM on prem, Install guide, User guide, and so on - but couldn't find a satisfying answer.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Alex

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is for downgrade. For upgrade you break the HA and upgrade and join them back.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Glad our suggestion helful, if all good we mark as resolved, so this will helpfull for other community members if the same scenario comeacross.

BB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is for downgrade. For upgrade you break the HA and upgrade and join them back.

BB

alexander80
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks balaji,

okay - i did break the cluster - upgraded the nodes and formed the cluster again. Seem to work.

Thanks again.

Glad our suggestion helful, if all good we mark as resolved, so this will helpfull for other community members if the same scenario comeacross.

BB