Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade - Prime Infrastructure 3.9>3.10

Rajesh Kongath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Anyone point me the rigth documentation on upgrading Cisco Prime infrastructure (PI) 3.9 to 3.10 version? For the versions until 3.9 i found useful instructions in the quick start guide, however for version 3.10 there is nothing mentioned about upgrade in the quick start guide. Please help me to findout the right documentation or help me on 

1. Is it an inline upgrade or new VM approach? I cant find any .tar.gz file in cisco.com>downloads
  2. If new VM, then do we have to use the same IP of old VM (after bringing down the old vm) or different IP address? 
  3. If its new VM, does the DB restore will restore the IP address/hostname as well?

Appreciate your support

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

read the release notes :

Upgrade to Prime Infrastructure 3.10 from Prime Infrastructure 3.7.x, 3.8.x, or 3.9.x is not supported. You must take a backup of the Prime Infrastructure 3.7.x, 3.8.x, or 3.9.x server, deploy a fresh Prime Infrastructure 3.10 server, and restore that back up into the Prime Infrastructure 3.10 server.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-10/release/notes/cisco_prime_infrastructure_3_10_release_notes.html

If this is VM - deploy new VM 3.10 and restore backup from 3.9

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-10/admin/cisco_prime_infrastructure_3_10_admin_guide/backup_restore.html

1. Is it an inline upgrade or new VM approach? I cant find any .tar.gz file in cisco.com>downloads  - new VM approach.
  2. If new VM, then do we have to use the same IP of old VM (after bringing down the old vm) or different IP address?  - you can build offline and do cutover with same IP address.
  3. If its new VM, does the DB restore will restore the IP address/hostname as well? - do basive network config and restore DB and MAPS will be good.

Note: some application data and telemetry can not move, so bare that in mind. also, check compatibility also.

Finally, make sure to upgrade to 3.10.1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

I am aware that moving from 3.7 into 3.9 required a CIMC upgrade (appliances related) so I am wondering if the same applies when moving from 3.9 into 3.10, any ideas?. I am use to reimaging those UCS appliances, not big deal

CIMC upgrade is not required as per I know. you can straight away re-install.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help