cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to Prime 2.1 from LMS 3.1 with R-L-PI2X-U-K9

Hunter_G
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to upgrade LMS 3.1 to Prime Infrastructure 2.1 by using the R-L-PI2X-U-K9? The description only lists "LMS to Prime 2.1", but I am unsure if I would have to upgrade to LMS 4.2 before initating the 2.1 upgrade.

Would I need to first upgrade to 1.2. then 2.1? or will R-L-PI2X-U-K9 do it from LMS 3.x just fine?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to Vinod's good advice, to upgrade an LMS 3.1 to PI 2.1, here are the high level SKUs one would use for, say, a 100 device upgrade:

R-L-PI2X-U-K9LMS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade          [TOP-LEVEL SKU]
R-PI20-SW-K9Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Software
L-PI2X-BASEPrime Infrastructure 2.x Base License
L-L-PI2X-100-ULMS to Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade 100 Device

Your reseller can guide you through these and other options (i.e., adding Assurance licenses if desired and software support) by using the BOM builder tool (available to them in the partner community) and the Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW - ordering and pricing tool).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.x has also reached end of engineering. If you are currently using basic management features such as monitoring, configuration management, inventory management, software image management, and fault management, you should consider upgrading to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0. Even though data migration is not possible, you should still be able to manage your network in no time starting with discovery from within Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.

LMS 3.x customers requiring features like CiscoView, Layer 2 topology, IP service-level agreements (IP SLAs), and VLAN management are recommended to run Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 as a separate server side by side until equivalent features are being migrated into Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.

The part number you have mentioned is a  top-level part number (R-L-PI2X-U-K9). If you have an active SAS contract on Cisco Prime LMS 4.0 or 4.1, then you can use the product upgrade tool to order Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 at no charge. Visit http://www.cisco.com/upgrade. Otherwise, determine the total license count for your existing Cisco LMS product (version 4.1 or earlier) and order the equivalent number of Cisco Prime Infrastructure major release upgrade licenses.

This will allow you to get a license to build a new Prime Infrastructure license, but it does't allows direct inline upgrades to migrate data from LMS 3.x.

If you manage to upgrade it to LMS 4.2.x, than you can migrate some of the data.

Users can upgrade to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 only from one of the following supported versions:

● Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20
● Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2.1.12

Check following  :

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to Vinod's good advice, to upgrade an LMS 3.1 to PI 2.1, here are the high level SKUs one would use for, say, a 100 device upgrade:

R-L-PI2X-U-K9LMS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade          [TOP-LEVEL SKU]
R-PI20-SW-K9Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Software
L-PI2X-BASEPrime Infrastructure 2.x Base License
L-L-PI2X-100-ULMS to Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade 100 Device

Your reseller can guide you through these and other options (i.e., adding Assurance licenses if desired and software support) by using the BOM builder tool (available to them in the partner community) and the Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW - ordering and pricing tool).

Thanks for the answers guys!

Hi, I need a guide for upgrading from cisco prime LMS 4.2 to Cisco PI 3.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: