Views
Helpful
Replies

User tracking not working

kerklaanm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have LMS3.1 with CM 5.1.4 installed. Somehow user tracking is working for just 2 switches. From all other switches there are no UT records. I guess this is some configuration issue but I don't know where to start troubleshooting. Can someone point me in the right direction? What are the prerequisites etc.

Thanks

Marco Kerklaan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah SNMP V3 eh  :-)

Do you have a context defined for each vlan?

You need to define a view

snmp-server view internet included

and then a context per vlan id

snmp-server group v3 priv context vlan-1 read notify *tv.00001080.00000000.10000020.048002000F

snmp-server group v3 priv context vlan-2 read notify *tv.00001080.00000000.10000020.048002000F

This is how usertracking should query the other vlans

No I don't like this but this is how it appears to work.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS will run UT on only those devices which are successfully Data Collected by ANI or Campus Manager.

Please on the home screen of CM is there are more devices in Data Collection, and post the screenshot of CM > Home.

Also, when you try starting the DC or UT, does they start and stay in running state for sometime or they simply stays in a idle state? How many

devices do you see in topology?

All those devices which come green in topology are a successfully Data Collected devices.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinarya,

All devices are succesfully "datacollected". When I start UT it actually starts. I have added a partial screenshot. All devices are green.

Greets Marco

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards Marco

No Marco but I have some questions:

So when you do a show mac-address you see a lot more mac addresses?

Are these mac's scatered over multiple vlans? Do you see the mac's from vlan 1 (default vlan) only ?

Do you have a @ symbol in your community string?

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Yes, on the switches we see loads of macaddresses. They are devided over multiple vlans. We dont see any macaddresses except the ones off two switches. We are using snmp v3 so there is no community string and for the record, there is no @ symbol in the password.

Cheers Marco

Ah SNMP V3 eh  :-)

Do you have a context defined for each vlan?

You need to define a view

snmp-server view internet included

and then a context per vlan id

snmp-server group v3 priv context vlan-1 read notify *tv.00001080.00000000.10000020.048002000F

snmp-server group v3 priv context vlan-2 read notify *tv.00001080.00000000.10000020.048002000F

This is how usertracking should query the other vlans

No I don't like this but this is how it appears to work.

Cheers,

Michel

hmm, a context per vlan isn't there. I wil set it up monday. Let you know how it works out.

Thanks,

Marco

Thanks Michel,

Finally got this working. We will be rolling out the changes to all switches tonite.

Regards Marco

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card