cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user tracking problem - lms 3.2

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

Noticed a pretty weird one. LMS 3.2 on windows 2008.

Everything had been running normally. A while back we noticed the user tracking

tables diminishing, and found out it was due to a bug in the code we were running

on our 4500s. So we started an upgrade cycle and the tables started growing again.

UT runs fine, but there is nothing newer than Feb 25th. Even if I do a manual UT discovery

it seems to run fine, but there are no new entries in the table, or rather nothing with the

last seen date of today when I just ran it.

I did do the usual, run the logBackup script, clean some other log files, I even rebooted

the server, but it still doesn't update with any new UT entries. I have checked and can

do snmpwalks per vlan on the cam tables, so I don't believe it's anything with the switches,

I think this is something within UT or campus.

I would be happy to send up any log files that might be useful. Thanks - chris

24 Replies 24

Gaganjeet,

one example is 10.254.87.25, mac is 0003.ba96.227c. I can vouch that this device is always on. It does not show up when searching for it in

the UT report window.

Thanks again,

chris

Hi,

Kindly try to generate the report for the ip "10.254.84.4" and for "10.255.3.14".  Kindly let me know if these two ip address are related to 10.254.87.25 in any way.

Few lines from log file :-

011/04/05 08:38:41 EvalTask-vmpsadmin-05 VmpsAdminSMFGetIpXlateTable: V4 Interface Found for ip: 10.255.3.14,index 245,NetAdddress: 10.254.87.25
2011/04/05 08:38:41 EvalTask-vmpsadmin-06 VmpsAdminSMFGetIpXlateTable: Device: 10.250.8.2 ifindex 83, macaddress d4-85-64-02-b4-6f hostipaddress10.250.20.108
2011/04/05 08:38:41 EvalTask-vmpsadmin-05 VmpsAdminSMFGetIpXlateTable: router=10.255.3.14 ip=10.254.87.25 mac=00-03-ba-9b-22-7c subnet=10.254.87.0 mask=255.255.255.0 vtp=65VDOM_10.255.3.14(T) vlan=AGH-NWW01-PACS vlan Index=287

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Gaganjeet,

10.254.87.25 is a pacs system. The switch that this is plugged into is the device 10.254.84.4, and it's a 4506.

10.255.3.14 is the 6500 that the 4506 uplinks to, and it's the hsrp primary for the 10.254.87.0 subnet. That is

the IP that this 6500 has been managed by, it's a backbone interface.

Attached is a document with the screenshots for any entries for device 10.254.84.4 (shows by hostname in the screenshot)

the second shot in the document is a search for the IP 10.254.84.4, and the third is a search for 10.255.3.14.

Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it.

chris

one other note, the user tracking count (from with CM) shows 12500, it has been stuck there.

no additions, no purging of dormant hosts, etc. Last updates were Feb 25th. I can manually delete

hosts, but the normal adds/purges from within CW don't seem to be happening.

chris

Gaganjeet,

I just bit the bullet and re-initialized the ani database. This seems to have been the trick, as the tables are now updating and searchable again.

If you don't mind I would like to also reply offline directly to you.

Thanks for the help, chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. So that means the database for ANI got corrupted and that why even ANI process was discovering the latest information from the process not updating the same into the database.

Glad to know it fix the issue.

Also i will suggest you to install the latest LMS 3.2 SP which was recently posted to CCO to fix all the known issues in Campus Manager 5.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/SP1/Readme/Readme__LMS_3.2_SP1.html

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Gaganjeet,

just wanted to follow up on this. The same thing started happening again after only a couple days.

I uninstalled the CM component and then reinstalled, applied the 5.2.1 update, the re-applied the

service pack. At this point, I'm monitoring and am cautiously optimistic.

I did discover something else with rme, and I believe (but am not sure) that it started happening

after the lms3.2.1 service pack was applied. I am unable to open the rme job browser, the error

message is:

Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/jobmgmt/DCRMEJobs.jsp!!!/WEB-INF/screens/jobmgmt/DCRMEJobs.jsp(152,52) Attribute value globalJobsTable.getId()+"~"+globalJobsTable.getAppName() is quoted with " which must be escaped when used within the value

so I'm looking into that now......

But I did want to thank you again for all your time and help, I really appreciate it. - chris

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I definately suggest you to open a TAC case if you are still facing this issue after applying the patch for LMS 3.2.1 and specifically for RME error since this patch had been released recently so need more debug information/live troubleshooting and therefore suggest you to open a TAC case.

You can open TAC case from here by clicking on the Action and this complete thread and logs will be atttached to the TAC case.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

I had the same error on windows system that was updated from LMS 3.1 to LMS 3.2 with SP1 appplied afterwards. Apache and Tomcat Versions are

Apache 2.2.17

Tomcat 5.5.29

this is the error message:

Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/jobmgmt/DCRMEJobs.jsp!!!/WEB-INF/screens/jobmgmt/DCRMEJobs.jsp(152,52) Attribute value globalJobsTable.getId()+"~"+globalJobsTable.getAppName() is quoted with " which must be escaped when used within the value

which is thrown when you go to RME > Job Mgmt > RME Jobs

Currently I have no other system to see if this is a unique or general problem ...

I was able to solve it by editing a properties file for catalina. Details are in the attached txt file.

Experiencing a user tracking problem on websites can be frustrating, and resolving it can be as complex as navigating the intricacies of MOFA attestation for document verification. Both require careful attention to detail and technical know-how to ensure accuracy and compliance.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card