cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What can I buy from Cisco?

Carlos Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

I manage three Netgear switches that I would like to upgrade to cisco switches, if it is possible to a faster or better performance switch.

The current switches have the following specs.

http://netgear.com/business/products/switches/fully-managed-switches/next-gen-edge/GSM7252PS.aspx#two

In my researche I found the CISCO WS-C4948-10GE-S 48 10/100/1000+2 10GE(X2) 1 AC Switch with similar performance, but is this the one I should buy? Does it have expandable modules?

Please, advice....

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't believe the 4948 is a PoE-capable switch. It will aslo be end of sales in the near future (spring 2013 if I recall correctly).

I'd steer you more towards the 3750X series. See the data sheet here. The 3750X is stackable. If you don't need to stack switches, the 3560X is also very good for a bit less cost. You can buy software image level according to your needs and add 10 Gbps uplinks (or not) also.

See the home page for access switches for a complete overview.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't believe the 4948 is a PoE-capable switch. It will aslo be end of sales in the near future (spring 2013 if I recall correctly).

I'd steer you more towards the 3750X series. See the data sheet here. The 3750X is stackable. If you don't need to stack switches, the 3560X is also very good for a bit less cost. You can buy software image level according to your needs and add 10 Gbps uplinks (or not) also.

See the home page for access switches for a complete overview.

Thx Marvin, appreciate the info!

You're welcome.

Please rate useful replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: