Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless mesh with 2 internet providers

alextunschi
Level 1
Level 1

So I have the following situation:
2 buildings with 2 networks of 240AC access points in mesh configuration. Each building and mesh is connected to a different internet provider, the APs connected through a SG-110-24 switch. The 2 networks are overlapping so I could make a single mesh.
The question is: would it be possible to do that having in view that there are 2 different Internet providers? The AP mesh is smart enough to go through 2 different internet access points to get it's data? The reason I'm asking is that I have the possibility to put an authentication server in only one of the buildings, so it would be easier with just one mesh.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Going out the Internet is more of your end router or FW task. So you can achieve with PBR, Regarding authentication, you can have 1 for all.

if still has an issue, can you draw a small diagram for us to understand better?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

alextunschi
Level 1
Level 1

Network.jpg

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

thank you, This is on high level  how is your AP connecting (do you have WLC ?) they directly connected to SG110?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No WLC - directly in the switch and the switch directly to the Internet Provider. The switch from building number 1 has 9 240AP's and the switch for building number 2 has 15 240 AP's. Around 500 clients to authenticate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: