cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client: No log in prompt

JOHN DELANEY
Level 1
Level 1

Over the last week, I've seen several clients (mostly windows 7 and Vista, not seen yet on Windows 8.x) having the same problem.

When connecting to our VPN services on ASA 5510 running version asa915-k8.bin

Clients are connecting with AnyConnect version 3.1.06079

The AnyConnect client opens normally. The user enters the name of our server for connection.
The user sees "Waiting for user input" in the client main window. This is normal and advises that the log in prompt box will appear.

The log in box never appears.

One user did a Windows Recovery revert to previous date and all worked again. This is obviously a case of a Microsoft update causing new problems for the AnyConnect client but I'm unsure what update. Should I find an upgrade tor the VPN client? Has Cisco patched for this?

I'm hoping for a suggestion. Any help will be useful.

Thanks,

John D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I experienced this same issue on a Windows Vista client as well.  Removing KB3057839 solved my problem.  I hope this helps out.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

moving this post to the appropriate Firewalling Community for expedient responses.

Stefan Amstutz
Level 1
Level 1

We had this issue also with some Windows Vista Client.

The workaround was also to deinstall the latest Windows patches.

But unfortunately we don't know whitch update had caused the issue

I experienced this same issue on a Windows Vista client as well.  Removing KB3057839 solved my problem.  I hope this helps out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: