Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Experts,We have our Production Servers placed at ISP DC where we are using Cisco ASA firewall model 5505 and all the servers placed behind the firewall.The bandwidth we have 100 MBPS and there is no IPS device in between. Since long time, we ha...

ray_stone by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working on locking down the ASA and I am looking for the commands to set the number of failed authentications before it won't accept login attempts from that host.  I found a single command to set the max times but what about the max duration or...

Im looking at the IPS modules at the moment that seem to have an ongoing issue of the Analysis Engine crashing. This runs as a process called sensorApp located in /usr/cids/idsroot/bin/When its originally launched it runs without problem using a -z s...

Hello Experts,We  have our Production Servers placed at ISP DC where we are using Cisco  ASA firewall model 5505 and all the servers placed behind the  firewall.The bandwidth we have 100 MBPS and there is no IPS device in  between. Since  long time, ...

ray_stone by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I recently had a firewall that wasn't passing traffic (ASA 5510 running software version 9.1).It turned out it had 130000 active connections.  Doing a "clear conn port 53" dropped the active connection count back to 38k, and the firewall started p...

aimken123 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to use qos to police traffic where a certain host should not go above 5Mpbs at any time and if the traffic is exceded it should be dropped.I have trying to play around with the below but the host machine can still access the full bandwi...

I've been tasked with converting a Netscreeen fw to ASA 5520. All is well except for some of the fw policy where they have used fqdn for a host in the "untrust" portion of the policy. On the netscreen, you can configure a dns server and it will go ou...

ggriebel by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all.  As I look at the thread headings fo rthe other posts I'm struck by how simple my request must seem I hope this is an easy one!  Using 891W routers, I would like to be able to save the running-config out the WAN port (gig0).  The most common...

cluovpemb by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI want to  make ipsec vpn between ASA and Cisco 877 Router,crypto isakmp and crypto ipsec ACTIVE state its works fine but Cisco 877 can not ping ASA internet interface but can ping behind ASA PC,PC can ping 192.168.2.1 but Cisco877 can ping only be...

KY_ by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes