Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi experts,My company uses a pair of 5510 ASAs as the gateway to Internet. I once configured policy-map to filter certain webpages (facebook, twitter, ...etc) and they work fine. However nowdays those websites all support HTTPS. In the https the URL ...

Dear *,I have a simple setup with a core switch and FWSM. From the FWSM I am able to ping from the inside interface (interface between FWSM and MSFC) of the FWSM to other vlan on the core switch and to the internet however when i source the ping from...

xshant by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I am new to Cisco ASA devices.  I have some experience with Catalyst Switches and with the SA smaller security devices.  I have a new ASA 5510 and I am trying to use the ASDM GUI software to configure it.  I do have a USB to Serial cable thats...

Chris Ivy by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to use an ASA5505 as a simple LAN-to-LAN ethernet router.  My plan is to configure two interfaces with the same security level and then use the command that allows interfaces with the same security level to communicate with each other.  ...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I have a 5510 protecting a single MPLS site. I am trying to configure some new rules to allow traffic to flow into the ASA but looking at the logging everything is being denied by a implicit rule.How can I get past these implicit rules ?sam...

IrishMann by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloWhen can i find command reference for IPS appliance ?i've found this link:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/7.0/command/reference/cmdref.htmlbut these are only system commands. I need all commans including signature/engine configurati...

Greetings,     I'm running a Cisco ASA 5510 with version 7.2(3) and I've been tasked with permitting some inbound & outbound TCP & UDP ports to/from a specified address space on the internet.  I'm still a Cisco noob and all the training resources I'...

jwilson by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking to use 2x 2901 Routers as firewalls on my network.Will this work? Will the configurations stay in sync? If not how do other people manage this?Or should I just buy  2x ASA 5510 and build active/standby

Hi All,Have anyone deploy HA on IOS firewall with Fastethernet interface configured into multiple sub-interfaces and tag with different vlan-Id and is assign as inside interfaces. Serial interface is outside interface. Would like to know whether HA c...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card