Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We ave 2 6509 switchs configured in VSS mode with a FWSM module in each switch. We have also a licences of 20 contexts for each FWSM module.I've read that in the release software 4.0(4) of the FWSM, the integration and deployment of FWSM in a VSS ...

Scenario - A firewall with 3 interfaces inside(172.30.1.0/24), dmz(17216.1.0/24)., outside(200.200.1.0/24).  A static NAT is created for DMZ server (172.16.1.10) to  public IP (200.200.1.10)static (dmz, outside) 200.200.1.10 172.16.1.10 netmask 255.2...

paul.pink by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone have a working sample of an applet using  action msg $_syslog_msg in an EEM Applet, where the syslog message produced comes out in a single line?I'm running IOS 12.4(24)T5 on an 1841 using the applet shown below and it produces 2 lines of...

kstamandk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have ordered a new Cisco Iron Port Web Security Appliance. I want to do transparent redirection of all clients  for  http and https traffic to Iron Port.So that reason i wanna configure WCCP on FWSM. My Iron port is connected to 6500 Core in...

Hello,What’s this file for and why do i need it - namely IOS-S573-CLI.pkg if I already have the 256MB.sdf file to load via the SDM onto the routerDo the two files complement each other?I also downloaded this file: sigv5-SDM-S555 but I am not sure wha...

ohareka70 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have completed my CCNA qualification and i am doing some volunteering for a  none proffit eletronics recyciling company they receved some cisco pix 515e  firewalls and i was aloud to keep one so i can learn how hardwaire firewalls  work and how to ...

Hi every one.I have configured dhcpd in an ASA 5505 and every thing is working. I am testing it to give me a warning when the address pool is about to be finished or it is empty. But don't konw how to do it. If I run the "debug dhcpd packet", i get t...

wedzek123 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I started a new job and have been tasked with looking into what we can do with the IDSM-2 module we have in our 6509. The company has not been using the module so it hasn't been updating in a few years. I do not have a current license so I know...

Hi all,I'm building a new ASA configuration with a dmz interaface and an inside interface.dmz security-level 20inside security-level 100ASA ver 8.2(1)I found that I can pass traffic from hosts off the dmz to hosts on the inside without having to defi...

aeryilmaz by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone help me ?I would like to know if the following is possible on an ASA, I have tried to get this working but I am having great diffculties:I have a three interface ASA running 8.3 and I want to have the following functionality:1) Have some h...

paultribe by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes