Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We are going to purchase ASA-5510-SEC-BUN-K9 in order to configure failover do we need only the same model of firewall ? or is there any thing like software feature or hardware port we need to have to configure the failover.Regards,Faisal

Has any one seen the output from a show  run  just hang for 2 to 3 minutes before continuing.notice it at this line:    snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkup linkdown coldstartand at the     service-policy global_policy globalalso does ...

Hi all!The Problem is, that in a remote location is a FAX-SIP-Adapter with his factory default address 192.168.2.1. I need to configure this device.In the remote network has the address range 192.168.170.0/24.Well, I tried to change the intern interf...

kooper390 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello!I've ASA withVPN-DES                      : Enabled   VPN-3DES-AES                 : Enabled  is it possible to disable VPN-3DES-AES and to use only DES encryption?Regards

dosic by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone I am having some issues with IOS 15.1.3T on a 2911.  I'm by no means a Cisco expert and am trying to teach myself the ins and outs of IOS but am having some difficulties that I am hoping someone can help me out with.  The first issue ...

rbrocks by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to plan a firewall replacement (old 515E) with something newSIP server on the inside (unfortunately not Cisco)SIP provider on the outside, udp/5160Does the ASA support SIP/udp on non-standard ports? Info on the documentation is a bit unclear/c...

m.kafka by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a remote offcie that looses internet connectivity sometime for what ever reason, long power failure, ISP down, etc.The cable modem and static IP ( which is held by the ISP's cisco 800) internet connectivity will come back online but the ASA550...

Is it possible to write an custom signature to look for a specific response (a field/value within the packet) in replys to packets that have already traversed the IPS.  And if no response was recieved in  x amount of seconds an alarm would fire.

lquin1978 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm working on a configuration for a client in my lab and I'm getting this message when pinging from one site behind a vpn peer router to a site behind the ASA5    Feb 03 2011    11:26:38        172.29.6.231                Asymmetric NAT rules mat...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ping issue in ASA

Hello All,I set up a nat on ASA with different inside subntes and a DMZ, I can ping from any one of my subnets  the next hop router with true nat translation from packet tracer.But I can't ping the next hop router "the router after firewall" from my ...

rouzbehta by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card