Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I am wondering what the benefits of bridged mode are in both the FWSM and the ACE implemenation. I am so used to routing everything that I have never used the bridge feature.For my particular case I will have two server farms hanging directly off th...

jfraasch by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Please let me know if the rout-map feature can be used in ASA just as we use multiple features in Cisco IOS Router .i.e can we use the set ip next-hop command in the same ? I have read that in the ASA this feature is to accomplish redistribution b...

HiIs it possible to have seconday ip address on OUTSIDE Interface of ASA 5540 8.0(4) ? I am trying to get new ip scheme for our network and I have 1200 tunnels terminating to this box.I want to gradually move them to new IP address rather than replac...

CCDECCDE9 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Does anyone know why packets dropped are incrementing on the ASA when you do a show interface command? It's incrementing on all of my ASAs, was wondering if this is normal and could it be from the ACLs denying the traffic therefor showing it as...

johng231 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a client with the Cisco ASA SSM 10 module that is blocking roaming profiles from loading correctly. The issue goes away when the IPS is disabled. After I re-enable the IPS, it stops working and I see the following message in the log file:4 S...

deyster94 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently have a couple public servers on our internal network and i'm using the new Public Server option in ASA 8.2. What i have done is created a new interface on my asa called DMZ with sub interfaces in addtion to my current Inside and Outside. ...

Hi GuysAttached diagram represent my planned lab setup in which VLAN 80 will be the outside interface configured with Public IPs. (2.2.2.0/28). 2.2.2.1 will be the VIP (HSRP) ip of the router interface and 2.2.2.2 & .3 will be configured on the route...

I have a 6513 with a simple config setup with just two VLANs.VLAN1- IP 10.210.36.1/24VLAN2- IP 10.10.10.1/24I just want to upgrade the code on the FWSM to the latest. I put Int VLAN2 on FWSM with IP of 10.10.10.2/24.This is first time with FWSM. It...

jfraasch by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I have a Cisco ASA 5510 with an IPS module in it. When trying to connect to this unit with ASDM on port 8443 I get an error "Certification Validation Error" and on the popup it is asking for the password. I put in the enable password and then it ...

I'm running code 8.2(1) on both devices I can confirm that the problem is reproducible I can restore telnet and ssh access by removing and re-adding the relevant lines in in the config (via the ADSM CLI interface)e.g.: no telnet <subnet> <mask> INSID...

Hi Guys,I am confused about the use of the static command on the PIX. Let says you have the following command on the pix:static (inside,Smtp_DMZ) 10.150.243.243 10.150.250.10 netmask 255.255.255.255 What does it meanDoes it mean anything from inside ...

Hi Experts,I want to configure NAC appliance in INBAND-CENTRAL DEPLOYMENT-REAL IP GATEWAY.In this scenario, my clients are in different VLANs say 2 & 3. To all my clients the default gateway should be the IP Address of NAC. Correct?Where I will confi...