Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

We have the problem of multiple VPNs connected by UMTS-Routers to our RV042. Often our provider routes different UMTS-connections through ONE public ip-address, so that some Remotegateways on our VPN-Router show the same ip-address. Only one remotega...

felsch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've recently installed AIP-SSM-20 in the ASA, I need to know the following info.1. Is keeping the latest sig.def file (Sig.420) with default actions, will be sufficient for the protection?2. If I change any one signature behavior, what will happe...

aijaz802 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question concerning dual homing connections from the ASA 5510 to two switches (See Attached). What I am trying to do is see if there is a way to load share between the switches on the untrusted side (in RED) from the traffic that is coming ...

Is there a way to write a custom signature that looks for a IP address making rapid connection attempts to an IPSec termination device trying to brute force a pre-shared key? Would this be something the Anomaly Detection engine would detect?

Hey All,Scenario:I have a cisco 851 that is connection to an ASA box. I don't have access to the ASA (outsourced company) but the 851 is local. They initially wanted to run private Ip's on the switching side but we told them thats not the standard fo...

Dear All,I know that the asr-group command permit to a couple of interfaces (belonging to the same group) to re-route a return packet for a connection thatoriginated through its peer unit.But the asr works also for the new connections?If a new connec...

ifabrizio by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!How can I check file names of IOS and asdm loaded to FWSM? If I load new version of IOS, how can I erase the old one? Is it rewrited automaticly?Command "dir flash" shows only that they presented on the flash.dir flash:Directory of flash:/2 -...

Hi Guys, I have pix firewall 525 with software V 6.3. In that pix firewall, i can able to access the one of the dmz server using both nated ip( let say 10.80.80.2) and the original DMZ IP (let say 172.80.1.2). Recently i tried to upgrade to ...

Hi,When we connect to SSL Anyconnect vpn, the ip address assigned seems to be with a gateway next to the ip address being assigned & with the subnet mask as whatever subnet the range belongs to.Like, if i assign pool of 192.168.100.1-192.168.100.14(/...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I have SSM 10 with ASA 5510. in ASA, I've configured NTP server and it shows correct time. In IPS, I didn't configure NTP server because I assume it gets the time from ASA, and there is no summer time enable in SSM. But it shows one hour off ...

I am contemplating deploying two ISR routers as zone based firewalls. They would have possibly up to four zones on them. I have both 2811s and 3845s and would prefer to use the 2811s as the 3845s have already been ear marked. Does anyone know what ty...