Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! disable icmp

Hello, can anyone tell me how to disable icmp on my outside interface? I have tried everything i can think of and it is still replying to pings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jwilder by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a question related to how PIX/ASA firewalls maintain UDP session information. My understanding is that when there is a UDP connection from a lower to a higher security zone, the UDP server (e.g. DNS) in the higher security zone responds to ...

Hi,As I knew when we discover devices, it will discover all the devices config and overide the previous copy in CSM DB. Can we SELECTIVELY choose only one device to be discovered ? Otherwise afer discovered we need to re-deploy all again. Reason is 1...

tckoon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When adding hosts to a group, for example, does a SQL Server get both SQL Server Group and Servers - All Types assigned or is the SQL Server Group good enough? Also, is it best to use the default group or clone the group/s?Thanks,Adam

Hi everyone I have a quick question I have a pix 515E with an inside and outsdie interface already I'm trying to add another inside interface. I've added the ip address to ethernet2 intf2 of 192.168.50.50 and the other end is a 2821 and its ethernet ...

wgranada1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have seen a lot of people post actual log messages/error messages from their firewalls to aid in troubleshooting. How do I enable that to be able to do it? I have a PIX 6.3(3) that I need to see port traffic as it passes to figure out what my con...

qbakies11 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a command on the ASAs similar to the show ip accounting command found on IOS routers? Something showing source, destination, packets and bytes pertaining to those source/destination connections that accumulates?thank you, Bill

Hi,I am unable to add a 4200 series IPS sensor to the CSM database. It passes the connectivity test but at the end it says failed to add device and gives the following error "unable to get os version from device or configuration file".I have not had ...

kwillacey by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Say you have three interfaces on a firewall such as a PIX. Two of the interfaces are WAN links, (broadband internet access, different ISP's) and one is your LAN. The LAN interface address is what your LAN uses as its gateway. What determines which ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card