Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I am attempting to migrate from 515's to 5520's. Due to the ASA having fewer eth interfaces than the PIX, I am trying to bring two DMZ's (both on 2950 switches)in to a switch (also a 2950, which I'll call the "bridge") on separate VLAN's, then bring...

I have some home managed to break my outgoing VPN connections. We connect to a clients site via Cisco VPN and I originaly got it to work by createing a Dynamic NAT statment NATTIng to .120-.124 of our public IP addresses. Somehow I have managed to ...

jweiss by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a PIX 525, erase configuration with "write erase" after boot the follow message"Cryptochecksum (changed)" displayed, and I don't have prompt for continued the configuration. What's ?

Hi all,I need to change my border router to a 1721 with one sdsl and one adslinterface. This then connects to a pix 506e but the 1721 has beenconfigured with public ip's on the wan's (each ip is from a differentrange) they are then nated on the fa to...

handley88 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have the following scenario. We have 2 6509s running HSRP on the distribution layer. These 2 boxes are connected using Layer 2 links to the access switches. One of the access switches is also a 6509 and it needs to be firewalled off from the...

Greetings all. Apologies for the dramatic headline but I'm in a bit of a time crunch.I have a 4215 running 6.0(3)E1. The device is inline. Below is an event which triggered,========================evIdsAlert: eventId=1184881408377311643 severity=low ...

gdntsoc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix to pix ipsec tunnel that existed before. Now that I have modified both PIX (remote and local) ACLs, I can not establish IKE Phase 2. I have established IKE Phase 1 and see the networks local & remote along with their peers.When I do a ...

flopez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if it is possible to create an event action filter (IPS v5.1.5) that will also suppress summary events? I have a few signatures that I'm filtering, but still regularly see a ridiculously high number of summary events being reported....

cgiulini by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:I just wanted to ask opinion, would denying ICMP from host inside the network to the Internet be considered a Best Practice? If so, could someone tell me why.ThanksAmin

I have been charged with getting a pair of PIX-501 units set up and ready to be shipped to an off-site location.I did the initial setup, and configured the rules. Everything appeared fine, until I actually connected the WAN.Through the PDM, it shows...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card