Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Greetings all. Apologies for the dramatic headline but I'm in a bit of a time crunch.I have a 4215 running 6.0(3)E1. The device is inline. Below is an event which triggered,========================evIdsAlert: eventId=1184881408377311643 severity=low ...

gdntsoc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix to pix ipsec tunnel that existed before. Now that I have modified both PIX (remote and local) ACLs, I can not establish IKE Phase 2. I have established IKE Phase 1 and see the networks local & remote along with their peers.When I do a ...

flopez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if it is possible to create an event action filter (IPS v5.1.5) that will also suppress summary events? I have a few signatures that I'm filtering, but still regularly see a ridiculously high number of summary events being reported....

cgiulini by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:I just wanted to ask opinion, would denying ICMP from host inside the network to the Internet be considered a Best Practice? If so, could someone tell me why.ThanksAmin

I have been charged with getting a pair of PIX-501 units set up and ready to be shipped to an off-site location.I did the initial setup, and configured the rules. Everything appeared fine, until I actually connected the WAN.Through the PDM, it shows...

Hi Folks:We have a Pix 515e with an Access-Control-List set only on the outside interface. We want a Win2k3 server PDC to obtain time via an Internet time server and have set the Win2k3 server to do so. NTP packets are either not getting out throug...

ecnels by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear ConcernRecently my company bought a 6506 switch with a firewall module.Now i want to update IOS for the FWSM.Please tell me the procedure to update the IOS.RegardsImran

shaikh123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX 515 running 7.2(2). I am trying to set up a public and a private network to separate the traffic. My PIX doesn't seem to want to participate in the VLAN. VLAN 1 is my private VLAN and VLAN 2 is my public VLAN. My Switch is a 3560.PI...

mdieken01 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am sending Netflows from my 6500s to MARS. I seem to get a lot of events that have 0.0.0.0/0 as the source and a lot that show that address and port as the destination. Are these broadcasts?Also most of my Netflow events are "Sudden Increase in t...

gmherring by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card