Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a new project that we are likely going to put a 6509 in the core of a new network. I am in need of a firewall for this network, but I am not sure if I want to just get a Firewall Services Module for the 6509 or if I should just get an externa...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have apix 515 firewall, that occassionally stops new connections being established from the internal zone to the external zone (i.e internet). So for example I may no konger be able to browse websites.I have found that if I run the "clear xlate" ...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got this message now:+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+| System BIOS Configuration, (C) 2000 General Software, Inc. |+---------------------------------------+--------------------------...

derekc by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I would like to know something more about using agentless NAC. We want to use Clean Access Server, but mainly to avoid MAC Spoofing. We think that CAS host scanning engine can help us through. Is it possible to configure CAS to scan ports, so if ...

We have an AS400 that FTPs files outbound. When it is behind a PIX it works great. However, after migrating to an ASA, the transmissions start working and then fail. Has anyone had a problem like this? An extra piece to this is that without the "stri...

sticano by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi I have a problemm i have a asa 5510 box running 7.2 ios. now asa has inspect configured for FTP on 21. Now the problem is that whether in active mode or pasv mode everything wrks fine like i can dwnload and brws the directory. now when i try ...

Hi - Is there any referance to what might be considered common network security best practices - specific to which ports/protocols to allow or block from the internet. I've been checking cert, sans, cisco - but unable to find any reference. I know su...

arathyram by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to publish on internet my webmail server but I don't have any public IP address available.My outside interface is assigned to a public ip address.Is it possible to configure a port forwarding so that the request on a particular port on the ...

acleri by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have a C800-router that connects a local office LAN to internet. It?s configured like thisinterface FastEthernet4 description $ES_WAN$$FW_OUTSIDE$ ip address <yadayada> ip access-group Outside_ACL_in2 in ip nat outside!interface Vlan1 descript...

jilahbg by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card