Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi There,My set up is bassicallyinternet-router-PIX-router-switchoff the switch I have multiple LANSof which I only want one segment to be able to get out totaly unrestricted.With the basic implied rule I can get out to the internet fien and dandy. B...

Concrete_ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know that historically the Pix has not allowed packets arriving on the inside interface to be routed back out the same interface. With v7.x, though, the command "same-security-traffic permit intra-interface" apparently allows hairpinning of encryp...

mrouch by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have a vpn on PIX515E, and now I need to setup another VPN with a outside peer. However, when I configure the PIX, I use the following command: isakmp key <Keystring> address A.B.C.D [netmask mask]. However, after I type in this, the previous comm...

I am using RDEP to subscribe to IDS sensors and retrieve alerts. In a specific signature I am interested in the content of the traffic from the attacker and victim. In the XML format for RDEP, this content seems encrypted in some way, what format i...

Hello,I have a remote user connected via IPSec tunnel to his company.- The remote user is behing a PIX firewall (PIX-525 version 6.3)- The exchange server is behind a VPN terminator (stonegate)The user get to send email but NOT receive. If the remote...

andremgil by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,I was wondering if someone can lend a hand and look over this config for me. The config below appears to work fine, inside network is able to get out to the internet, outside users are able to get to the website hosted in the dmz and int...

Gurus,I have a question here. Lets say if there is one router (18.10.3.2) connected to 18.10.3.1 of PIX FW interface, and there is 172.1.1.0/24 network to come in to 18.10.3.10/24 (SAP Server) from the router, (routing : 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 18.10.3.1 ),H...

was trying to recover password..entered to "recovery mode", during recovery i restarted the IDS. after reboot the IDS device is going to GRUB> and NO commands are working.....kindly advice..

chetanv16 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Assume we are using an ASA with three zones configured,the security level of the each interface is as below,INSIDE=100TRUSTED=90OUTSIDE=0Also assume I have IP scheme 1.1.1.0/24 for inside,2.2.2.0/24 for trusted and 3.3.3.0/24 for outside.I want to...

I hope someone can help. With the static entry the host (10.0.0.5) can't get out to the internet, without the static entry the host can get out to the internet. Any ideas why this would be happining. I'm running version 7.2.2 on a pix 515. Thanks...

I have load balanced clusters behind my Pix. I have a need for one cluster to exit the firewall and re-enter to the other cluster over the public address so that it will be balanced also. Is there a way to do this?

mjhagen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes