Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two switches that are unsupported in my network topology map. These devices show up as green boxes with question marks. The switches are catalyst 3560's model number WS-C3560-48TS. I can see where the 24 port model is supported but not the ...

marmour by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a hub and spoke DMVPN GRE over IPSec topology. We have many sites, over 10, and have a problem on one particular site, just one. First off I want to say that I have replaced the Router and I get the same exact errors. By monitoring the Term...

nocadmin1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to recover the password from our IDSM2 and receive this message during the "upgrade". Anybody have an idea why? Initializing the hard disk...Available hard disk space is not sufficient for the IDS upgrade.Failed to initialize hard disk.E...

wshall by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear friends,I tried to get a 3DES/AES license through Cisco website to my 2 PIXes 515. When I finish to fill the form, I get an email informing that both PIXes are failover bundles.I cannot upgrade them in this situation because I'll have 2 failove...

Hi,I have set up PPTP Remote VPN on PIX 501, it works fine, I am able to access resources on the remote office LAN. Is it possible with PPTP to set split tunnel so I could access the Internet through the office LAN while connected to VPN? I tried vpn...

I have configured a VPN using Cisco 857 routers. There are three sites with two of them being ?spoke? sites and one being the ?hub?. The Hub site also accepts VPN client dial-in. It all seems to work fine, however I have a question regarding performa...

matthew by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How do I get a sensor at version 5.1-3 to recognize it has a serial number so I can install the license in order to update signatures? Show version has a blank serial number. Thanks for any help.

hendetl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When PIX forwards an ARP Request in transparent mode, it inserts its own (!) mac address as source in the ethernet header. So it is not really transparent. E.G.:Original ARP Request:ETH Source: PCETH Destination: RouterARP Sender HW: PC IP: PCARP Rec...

We have a PIX 535 running 6.3(5)106 with 1Gb of RAM.Right now it is using 7% of it.A new application coming online soon will be putting through the PIX about 17MB of streaming data.Would the PIX be able to handle that?

Hello,I have a problem with NAT on a PIX. We want to set up something new for doing this we need to do source and destination translation.The outside interface is connected to the internet and everyone (0.0.0.0/0) needs to access for example 192.168....

atou by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX501 plugged into a network jack in a hotel, kind of a remote war room situation. The hotel's hospitality authentication solution requires a PC to access a web-page to authentication prior to giving it access to get out to the internet. ...

Has anyone come across the following - Even if I disable smtp fixup for port 25 on my pix the mail guard feature still seems to be active i.e.If I disable the mail guard feature: no fixup protocol smtp 25And I now try to telnet to my public IP from a...

jmia by Level 7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,can any one help please,I have a NM-CIDS on a cisco 3845 router,I'm rying to telnet to it from the router (NM-CIDS already has an IP being configured (loopback0)) the problem is that I set a password for the session and forgot it, how can I recov...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card