Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a PIX 515-E which connected to the router and it is connected to the proxy server within server farm. The situation is when a user which connected to PIX 515-E and go to Internet, it need through the proxy server. But, the problem is the user ...

I am "simply" trying to allow smtp traffic from the internet through a PIX to my Exchange Server. I could not get this to work, so I have set up a test bed with the following configuration: PIXFirewall# show run: Saved:PIX Version 6.3(4)interface eth...

gda by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When importing my IOS IPS devices I keep receiving the following errors "Import failed due to exceptionError importing configuration files from the sensor - Unable to import sensor config from IOS IPS: An error occurred while trying to update the re...

jbanker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, I have upgraded my first sensor 4.x to 5.0 to 5.1. Here is my process1) Upgraded from 4.x to 5.0 using FTP with this file IPS-K9-maj-5.0-1c-S149.rpm.pkg2) Installed License Key3) Using VMS, I went from 5.0 to 5.1 using file IPS-K9-min-5.1-1.zi...

thomuff by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two switches that are unsupported in my network topology map. These devices show up as green boxes with question marks. The switches are catalyst 3560's model number WS-C3560-48TS. I can see where the 24 port model is supported but not the ...

marmour by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a hub and spoke DMVPN GRE over IPSec topology. We have many sites, over 10, and have a problem on one particular site, just one. First off I want to say that I have replaced the Router and I get the same exact errors. By monitoring the Term...

nocadmin1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to recover the password from our IDSM2 and receive this message during the "upgrade". Anybody have an idea why? Initializing the hard disk...Available hard disk space is not sufficient for the IDS upgrade.Failed to initialize hard disk.E...

wshall by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear friends,I tried to get a 3DES/AES license through Cisco website to my 2 PIXes 515. When I finish to fill the form, I get an email informing that both PIXes are failover bundles.I cannot upgrade them in this situation because I'll have 2 failove...

Hi,I have set up PPTP Remote VPN on PIX 501, it works fine, I am able to access resources on the remote office LAN. Is it possible with PPTP to set split tunnel so I could access the Internet through the office LAN while connected to VPN? I tried vpn...

I have configured a VPN using Cisco 857 routers. There are three sites with two of them being ?spoke? sites and one being the ?hub?. The Hub site also accepts VPN client dial-in. It all seems to work fine, however I have a question regarding performa...

matthew by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How do I get a sensor at version 5.1-3 to recognize it has a serial number so I can install the license in order to update signatures? Show version has a blank serial number. Thanks for any help.

hendetl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When PIX forwards an ARP Request in transparent mode, it inserts its own (!) mac address as source in the ethernet header. So it is not really transparent. E.G.:Original ARP Request:ETH Source: PCETH Destination: RouterARP Sender HW: PC IP: PCARP Rec...