Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to write a simple network management application which can grab the statistics from Cisco router using SNMP.Any body have any experience writing such program?Which pogramming languages should I use? C++/VB,..?

after1111 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Im having issues connecting my PIX 501 through another company's 3030 to reach their FTP server. The specifics are: remote company outside (peer ip adx) 192.x.3.10local host : 164.72.181.24ipsec settings:3desgroup 2espsha1-hmacIPSEC SA Forced key ex...

sanchezej by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have noticed that there is a big amount of questions and troubleshooting issues when it's about combining several PIX features like address translation, encryption ...So can someone give us the order of operation in the PIX for inbound and o...

abdel_n by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I have been asked if it possible to replace an old 800 series router with a modern pix, i am looking into replacing it with the entry level pix the 501, my question is, the router has 2 ip addresses on the inside interface is it possible to ...

kenm by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

IDSM2 with IPS5.1 (on cat65K sup 720 IOS 12.2SXF) will support ? Inline ? mode.But does it support ? blocking? as well ? ??? CCO document says ?Supervisor 720 with Cisco IOS supports VACL deny statements; however, IDSM-2 cannot block with Cisco IOS...

rkumares by Cisco Employee
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am currently trying to configure sub-interfaces on an ASA 5520. I have a Dell switch that I will be attaching it to which only supports GARP VLAN Registration Protocol(GVRP). I was just wondering if it is possible for me to switch the trunki...

chrisbicm by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a need to establish a secure tunnel between two sites by using two routers, or two PIX525 firewalls, or two VPN3030 concentrators; the equipment is not an issue. This connection should be functioning as a transparent bridge, so layer 2 traffic...

JJeremic by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are planning to take an ASA 5520 box for with Cisco ASA Advanced Inspection and Prevention (AIP) Security Services Module, already we have 1Mbps internet connection. Now for VPN service through this box, what should I do ? take a new internet conn...

Hello Here's my problem. I have a pptp vpn configured in my pix 506e. I can connect fine and browse network resources on the remote network by IP address. I can connect to any computer using MS remote desktop connection. I cannot browse by netbios na...

I need to support a client connection to our FTP server that uses a PASV connection. We currently have a 1605 router with basic IP feature set, and it cannot support any dynamic ACLs.It looks like my option is either to replace it with a PIX 501, an...

I have searched for an answer on this with no luck.My question is in an ASA 5520 v7.2, is the correct syntax to shun a complete network block;ASA(config)# shun 192.168.1.0Every documented procedure I have found only talks about specific IP addresses,...

wtoprock by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card