Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I have been looking all over to find out if I can enable the number of authentication attempts using SSH in PIX. Is there a way on the pix that allowes ip ssh authentication-retries 3 like on the router?Is there any methhod of limiting the ...

nathan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

First of all, we use the autoupdate functionality to upgrade our sensors. I have a test sensor that was upgraded to IPS-K9-min-5.1-1d (from 5.0.6) some time ago. I'm now trying to upgrade the signatures. It is not updating. Instead it seems it has ...

mhellman by Level 7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi:I?ve just bought an ASA5510-AIP10-K9(ASA 5510 Appliance with AIP-SSM-10, SW, 3FE, 3DES/AES) to implement perimeter security. I planned to use only 1 DMZ but things have changed, and now I need to implement a second DMZ. The ASA-5510 has 4 ports in...

hi all,I recently deleted one of my nat statements because i needed to change the address the inside was being natted to. well i removed the old and added a new. i see it in the running config. but when i ping from the outside world, the old addre...

rhltechie by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Quick silly question. We just purchase an FO cisco pix 515e that we want to deploy, and reading the requirments it says the boxes need to be in synch with software version. Our current firewall is running pix 7.0(5) and the new FO box is runnign pi...

Hi,you can seen my digram and config attached.When i check the routing table on the PIX, it's not showing any RIP route, it's showing just connected.Can you advice what is the problem???regardsFady

heloi have a problem and perhaps someone can help mei have a pix 515E win 3 interfaces 2 servers are linked in the DMZ with 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 the 10.0.0.3 has 192.168.0.3 in the inside via static how can i from 10.0.0.2 access the 192.168.0.3 se...

Dear all,I have a pix with 5 ethernet interface and the version is 7.0. When I use no security level on the interface, the security level change to 0. Can I configure all the interface with security level 0?If I configure all interface to security le...

Good evening I have a customer which would try IPv6 on his host.His host server is allocated on a DMZ on my Pix 525 rel.7.1(2).Now i must put an ACL that permit IPv6 on his host.How can write an ACL to permit IPv6 traffic from and to this host server...

sercopi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 831 Broadband router at my remote end.At my main location I have a VPN 3005 concentrator.They are connected via a site-to-site tunnel.I am running data and VOIP across the tunnel. The VOIP not using Cisco, but another national 3d part...

millerjr by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm configuring all of the cisco sensors I manage to update their time using a public NTP server.I've hit two bumps.On a few of the 4.x sensors I get the error "Error: Could not run ntpdate utility. Fatal Error has occurred. Node MUST be rebooted t...

RichardSW by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card