Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Cisco PIX 506E hangs during boot. This is as far as it gets:CISCO SYSTEMS PIX FIREWALLEmbedded BIOS Version 4.3.207 01/02/02 16:12:22.73Compiled by morlee32 MB RAMPCI Device Table.Bus Dev Func VendID DevID Class Irq 00 00 00 8086 ...

I have an ASA running v7.1 code and I recently added the command "sysopt connection timewait" which fixed a problem I was having. But now my telnet and SSH connection to the ASA will timeout in about 10 seconds, if I remove the command then the telne...

h.parsons by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've configured failover according to the Configuration Guide document and am scratching my head about a particular issue while testing failover. Failover seems fine when I disconnect the failover/state cable on the master or when I turn off/reboot ...

mnordhoff by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,since the CCA is optional in a solution NAC appliance which are the benefits to use it ???I've seen that during the logon you can use traditional Win logon or CCA logon which are the main advanteges/disadvantages ???Thanks a lot for helping hintsO...

oguarisco by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a PIX-UR 7.02 firewall with active/active license and a PIX-FO 7.02 with an active/standby license. when configured for failover both boxes show up the active light, when I power down the active traffic does not flow.I feel I need to make ...

saolub by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Please give me your suggestions on the following:1) I need to enable trunking/vlans on the outside interface of ASA 5520. I have 2 routers on the outside, with different networks, which needs to be connected. Am sure I can enable vlans on t...

I'm currently work with pix 515E, with Ios version 6.1.I want to know, if this pix firewall can support multiple instance of firewall.How the configuration o instance of firewall is done ??How can i configure trunk with vlan ??regards.

Is there an IPS PA available for the 7206? Similar to the NM-CIDS. I have been searching around and haven't been able to find anything. If no then I guess IOS IPS is the only option???Thanks in advance.

mikenipp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are logging syslog for a large # of PIX firewalls. We also have 5.x Sensors inspecting traffic flowing from the inside int of the PIX. For some reason sig 4600 fires constantly, attacker is PIX inside and victim is the syslog server. We are seeing...

mkirbyii by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix 501 10 user. I can ping from the console to any public IP Address, but not from an inside address. I am including my config in hopes that someone can tell me what I am doing wrong for my inside to outside connectivity. TIAPIX Version 6....

I am using IPM 2.5 and am trying to creare several collectors that us the defaultUDP echo operation. I have checked the routers that I am using and they have either IPSLA running or thr rtr responder statement in the router. Once I try to creat the c...

I recently did an update from 6.3.4 to 7.11 on my PIX and I have 2 "problem" commands that i cannot find what they have been deprecated into.1) "sysopt ipsec pl-compatibleApparently this no longer exists, and the upgrade didn't like the "ipsec", but ...