Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a customer who wants to use their PIX 506E with their new 1841 basic IP IOS router. They have 1 IP address available. Is it possible to just have the PIX be a firewall and all routing functions work through the 1841 or will I need NAT turned o...

I installed the patch successfully, but am unable to get past 4.1(5)S189. It does nothing - I've checked disk space and rebooted the sensor but it just won't take and now I'm going to try the latest and greatest sigs, but I'm pretty certain that tho...

SmithKJ by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Installing ASA 5200 with SSM-20 module. Using three Interfaces for connections to remote offices, inside network, DMZ & outside access. Forth interface management only. Looking for updated documentation on promiscuous/inline monitoring. Need to monit...

smartin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I am wondering if CSA would function in a non-managed. The reason I am asking is, the majority of our networks is managed (3750,2950,2900xl), however there are a few sections that have some dlink (unmanaged) switches as well as some Apple...

I need to find a way to monitor shunning activity on a 4210 running 4.1 without purchasing an expensive piece of software.It does not matter to me if I monitor from the router or the IDS so long as I can verify through email alerts, by logging to a d...

loobitize by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

According to the PIX VPN documentation, one can apply a crypto map to any interface, however the only examples given are the outside interface.I have an environment where a number of individual customers each have their own virtual "inside" interface...

phaddad by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX firewall in a lab that plugs into a dsl modem for its internet access. The outside interface of the pix has a static public address. I want to replace the pix with a pair of pix's running failover. However, I don't have a second public a...

mjsully by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am a bit confused with configuring IPS in the ASA (with installed SSM module). I appresiate your feedback for this scenario:CaseThis is our ASA configuration portion relevant to IPS. I did this to block instant messaging ...http-map TestHTTPMap ...

ontariomd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to add an additional interface to my IDS-4250 (Cisco part number IDS-4250-TX-INT). Unfortunately, these parts are now in an "end-of-sale" status as of May 31, 2005. Does anyone know what PCI NIC this part number really is? I'm sure it's jus...

gpask by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a PIX 515E-UR running PIX OS 7.0 with VLAN interfaces configured on this unit where each VLAN is representing a client.When collecting bandwidth stats for the VLAN interfaces using SNMP I'm getting really ridiculous figures; the results are...