Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I need to backup the image file of a Pix firewall. Copy command only allows upgrading image files (copy tftp flash). I would like to backup the image file of my pix to a tftp server. How can i do it?Thanks a lot

jorolas by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am trying to set a vpn from a 805 (12.3 with ipsec 3des) router with dynamic ip to a 515 PIX Fw (6.2) with static ip. Seems that there is a easy way to do this if you use Easy VPN like the example in this link http://www.cisco.com/warp/publi...

rgomez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Have a 501 which can not even ping a dsl router; the int eth0 shows up up. I also connected a laptop to the dsl router and assigned myself a public address and I get the connection right away.Has anybody experienced this situation?I have configur...

u.naranjo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

PIX code 6.3(1).I have 2 T1s through 2 2600 routers from 2 different ISPs. Can I load balance traffic through the PIX, using OSPF, over equal cost routes? I would setup the 2 fa0/0 on the routers in front of the PIX and the outside interface in the...

sahmad by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok 6.3 code is out of the question for this example. I am looking for any solutions for 6.2 code only. Thanks in advance!Here is the setup:(in)r1--->area 1 |PIX| area 1 ---->(out)r2--->s0/0--area 0r1 is in AS 1 , r2 is in AS 2 and has area 0 off of s...

rgrcommo by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix 515, on a flat 192.168.1.x network. The pix inside is 192.168.1.1. I have another router, 192.168.1.2 where I want to send the network 192.168.2.x traffic to. I put a static route:route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.2 1It will not ...

e-see by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have a Cisco PIX 535. By default, the traffic from a more secure interface to other with a lower security level is permitted, is it?Ok, I have a doubt, I've had to define an access-list entry to permit a telnet connection from inside to outs...

ccrespoh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm doing Video conferencing thru ADSL connection using PIX Firewall 6.3 and doing PAT.Do I need to open any ports or by default it already open by the standard fixup port?

ddicky by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We currently have an ADSL connection with a ZyWall firewall with has limited upstream bandwidth. What we would like to do is to get an additional SDSL connection with 1MB in both directions that we can use just for hosting our mail server/vpn u...

I have a client which access a server through Exceed application which uses UDP port 177 and gets a reply from the server on UDP port 6000.How do i configure this through PIX firewall.The Client is on inside interface and the Server on DMZ.RegardsPat...

Hi!Is it possible to configure the PIX in order to block users from downloading files from the Internet?I mean, I want to allow them to browse the web but no to download any files!Thanks!

pferraz by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a client that has a Pix 515 firewall and I have a Watchguard Firebox 1000. He gave me the Cisco vpn 3.5 software to install. My question is, what ports do I need to open on my firebox to allow outbound and inbound communications to hi...

Hi,Have a 506e which was working fine; suddenly it started to disconnect and noticed that I could not ping the inside hosts. When I reduced the arp timeout from the default 14400 to 20 secs; it works fine even so I get sudden timeouts, but the connec...

u.naranjo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card