Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Anyone any idea how to get this functional:From a Lan one need to make a rdp connection to a w2k server.From the outside i can ping a.b.c.dWhen i put the following into the PIX it won't work:access-list outside_access_in permit tcp host a.b.c.d eq 33...

e.blok by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am reviewing a PIX configuration where two interfaces do not have IP addresses assigned to them ("no ip address"), but the interfaces have not been disabled using the "shutdown" keyword. Are there exposures in this instance due to the fact that th...

rvaccare by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me what the files 0-4 actually are. And I take it the length is in bytes.Many thx all and sorry if I have duplicated someone elses post.KenP01# sh flashflash file system: version:2 magic:0x12345679 file 0: origin: 0 length:1...

Hi,I just installed a PIX 501 using the PDM software. I have two networks and want to use the 501 as a firewall between them,allowing one way traffic.I set the inside to 192.168.../24 and the outside to 195.1.../24I can ping the 192 network from the ...

mipd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just confirming that if I allow a TCP conversation to originate on the Internal Interface, that the reply traffic will be allowed back thru the PIX, to the original sender? What CLI command enables this, or how can I tell this is true?Now, with UDP,...

abatson by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pair of PIX 525 set for failover. Since upgrading to 6.3(3), we have been having periodic failures in that the active device loses its running config, it transfers the default config to the standby. The proper config remains in flash and ...

rmerritt by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I just dropped in a pix 501 for remote access to an office and was wondering if the pix has an equivalent to the 'tunnel default gateway' in the vpn concentrators... I'm not going to do split tunneling, but would like users to be able to access t...

rrich by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If you are using (PIX Device Manager) PDM to configure a PIX, can you also telnet into the PIX and configure it via the CLI? I have read that if you are using PDM, the only other way to configure the PIX is via the Console or Cisco Secure Policy Man...

burnettg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have installed CSA MC 4.0.1. After finishing the installation, the systems behavior is very strange:- http access automatically changes to https (ssl).- I get no login fields for username and password.Any idea. It is a productive system (based on W...

reinke by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Gentlemen, I really need your guidance. I have a situation whereas I cannot do DNS REVERSE LOOKUP thru my Pix 515E. There are sites on the .mil (Niprnet), which I have here, that require a DNS REVERSE LOOKUP. When I attempt to go to the site, it giv...

rlowe26 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card