Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi We have PIX515 with failover, ver 6.2. Recently,PIX1 with PIX2 always auto switch(about 1 to 2 hours), and make the repeat login for uauth user. from mrtg moniting, maybe relates traffic, because show traffic in the pix is about 1.5M,and our ou...

bma by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am configuring a PIX firewall as VPN server... I am using IOS 6.3(1). Some of my users will use PPTP but some them will use L2PT over IPSec. Now I am assigning IP addresses from the PIX. Now I want to assign user Specific IP address. For exampl...

I have a PIX 501 (running FOS 6.1.1) in front of a SBS 2000 server that host web and exchange mail services. The ISP has issued a single static public address. I have followed the recommendations for configuring the PIX to perform PAT so the inside...

pglevelle by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi !is it possible to define logging filters on the real-time logging of the pix firewall ?"logging monitor 4" shows TOO much entries - I`d like to see ONLY entries for specific SRC or DST addresses like the SMART VIEW TRACKER on a Checkpoint Firewal...

schimekh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am very confused by the restrict software or unrestrict software of PIX. Who can tell me the difference between the restrict software and unrestrict software? is the difference about the user quantity? Who can tell me the exact answer?ThanksSincere...

shan-cao by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to do an automated backup of the VPN3005 using scp.First, I downloaded the source for openssh 3.6.1-p2 ( looks like openssh 3.4-x does not return the correct scp exit code) and compiled it. Running the command 'scp -oProtocol=1 admin@<ip>:...

taagaard by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have configured PIX VPN for our remote users. Our mail server is behind PIX firewall. Users connect to PIX using Cisco VPN Client 4.0.2D, after they connect they try to access mail server. Few of the mails bounce, error that they get is "No tra...

aryan-d by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are an ISP that has two public networks ans well and private addressing that sit behind pur Pix. All outbound from the private networks works as expected. However, any server on the public networks can not be reached, and any DSL customer with ...

jbernard by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 515E PIX inside IP address is 192.168.1.1Outside IP address is 192.168.0.6192.168.0.6 interface attached with my windows machine where i have ISDN connectionwindows machine IP is 192.168.0.1192.168.1.1 interface attached with my Linux Machine....