Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

HelloWe have recently installed PIX Firewall. Everything seems to be working fine (http, ftp, etc). There is one application which uses Pelco device (Video camera devices). The application uses the tcp port 9999 (to talk to the host) and the port fr...

agnelo by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to perform NAT on the outside and DMZ interfaces. I tried using the same NAT ID of 1 for both Globals like below:Global (outdie) 1 interfaceGlobal (DMZ) 1 interfacenat (inside) 1 0 0 When I try to ping from the inside to outside or DMZ network...

I have what probably is an obvious question but I'll ask anyway. On the pix 515e, what needs to be done, if anything, to implement the ids feature?

rivitj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi everyonemy problem's about right configurationf for a pix 515e running 6.3.3the pix is installed between the router which is the end-point to the internet and the internal lan.The PIX shounld:make dynamic nat for the private clients for navigating...

I got a PIX because I though it was wicked fast (501 on aDSL line). CCO says a 501 can handle 6Mbps of traffic. That's like 4 T1s, eh? Now, it looks like I have sucked up about 70% of my RAM somehow.Do ACLs suck up RAM?Does Bandwidth suck up CPU or ...

I got a PIX 501 because I though it was wicked fast. Now, it looks like I have sucked up about 70% of my RAM somehow. # sh mem Free memory: 5355944 bytes Used memory: 11421272 bytes ------------- ---------------- Total memory: 16777216 bytesHERE IS M...

Resolved! Pix access lists

I am faced with converting the conduit statements on our PIX 520 to access-lists. Is there a preferred way to do this will as little interuption to traffic as possible? For example, do I create the access-lists, then remove the conduit, or the oppo...

hinesd by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes