Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Currently I have a 3640 router that connects all my remote offices via frame realy and that is my default gateway. It contains a static route pointing to my PIX-515 for Internet access. If I stop using frame relay to connect to my remote office and n...

The documentation for 6.1 seems to indicate that it is possible to do a config net: command, however I just seem to get a message "usage: configure terminal". Is this an error or am I missing something?Alan

I am trying to connect my pix 501 to my cable modem at home and pix is not able to obtain a DHCP address from the ISP (Rogers Cable in Toronto).I have the following command for the outside interface. ip address outside dhcp setroutewhen I captured ...

I have some problems to use PDM 1.1(2) with PIX 515 v6.1(3)I have VPN-DES : enable an I can connect to the PIX homepageI put the user/password and the java start but I take an error message:"Your PIX image has a version number of unknown. This versio...

c-dumont by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

PIX Current setup:-Inside :- 10.32.0.0 /16DMZ :- 10.112.3.0 /24alias (inside) 54.10.10.62 10.112.3.62 255.255.255.255access-list acl_in permit tcp host 10.32.0.242 host 54.10.10.62 eq ftp access-list acl_in permit tcp host 10.32.0.242 host 10.112.3.6...

Hi everybodyI'm trying to configure a Exchange Server in the interface "server" of a 515E and I have several problems. Let's imagine the following scenario (not real adresses):Interface "Outside" 10.10.10.1 (Pool of public addresses 10.10.10.1 - 10.1...

pgasol by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What exactly is the USB Port on a PIX 501 used for? We have a remote site that will be connecting to the internet via a satelite connection (Starband), we would like to setup a hardware VPN between that site and our main corporate site, however the ...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have configured 2 PIX using 6.2 with failover features. When I look at the syslog file, I noticed that both PIX are sending syslog msg to the syslog server.My question is ,why is the standby PIX also sending syslog msg like "built-up connection"...

hossk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a smtp bastion host on a DMZ in a PIX 515. The DMZ needs to be able to send mail to a host on the inside network. Assume the following scenario: nameif ethernet0 outside security0 nameif ethernet1 inside security100 nameif ethernet2 dmz securi...

exigent by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes