Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

This should be an easy one... Have a PIX 515 running 6.0, set up for AAA before the admin left (with the credentials) and now we are not able to get into the box. The generic password recovery process for the PIX does not work because it was authen...

I want to control access coming from the inside interface going to the outside as well as 2 DMZ's that I have setup on a PIX. With ASA in place, I already have access to those 3 legs, but I want to lock them down via acl's (such as only www traffic ...

I installed pix 525 bundle, but I didn't insert ipsec56bit key value..that's the reason, I can't PDM...So I got a key value, and then I'llinsert key. someone says If I insert key,I'll copy pix software, is it true ?I don't know.lastly, I hadn't key v...

kash by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here at our company we sell a lot of LANtoLAN VPN solutions using 506,515R and 515UR hardware. In the past everything has worked very well and our clients have been extremely pleased with the results. But the last four 515's (3 515R's, 515UR) are hav...

Please reply to: carolyne@cbic.comWe have a PIX firewall, ver 5.3, a DMZ (192.168.0.0) and an internal (token ring) 140.100.1.0 network. One of our applications needs to have two servers in our DMZ have the ability to communicate via email. Both serv...

psullivan by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 devices sittingon my DMZ and I am unable to ping,tracert any Internet related device. Out of these two devices I only have one ACL from (outside,DMZ). The scond device is used as a cache server for port:80.Any sugestions?

s.ingram by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've come across a problem w/ a home-grown application on a DMZ opening a connection to an internal SQL server through a PIX. The app seems to want to open a connection and keep it open forever. The Pix, as per default, drops the connection after a...

mcordiez by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello!I am a rookie on PIX configuration, I just want to know if it is possible to filter a website without having a websense?If possible please teach me how, I need to filter some websites. How about filtering "Morpheus", ICQ and the likes?Your inpu...

dpelea by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone have this working...PIX (6.1.1) with static IP, and Sonicwall firewall (6.2.0) with a dynamic (dsl) ip address? I've sort of got it working by disabling Mode-config and XAuth on the 0.0.0.0 crypto-map. It makes it through Phase 2 and sets up t...

gtate by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am curious if I have a correct understanding of the two. I am new to CBAC.PIX does the following:1. Uses access-lists to allow outgoing and incoming traffic at layer 3 and layer 4 (port redirection).CBAC does the following:1. Augments access-lis...

rremien by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes