Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 - 2 PPPoE connection

Antoniotorres1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please I would be very pleased if someone could give me a hand in this matter.

I have a Cisco ASA 5505 9.0(2), 2 dial-up connection (ADSL) with fix IP from the same ISP. I have 2 Linksys router (each dial-up has a router) as well. Both Linksys are connected directly to ASA configured in bridge mode.

I set up one dial-up on interface called “outside” with PPPoE configuration which is, in fact, up and running. I’m able to get my fix public IP.

My problem come from when I try to set up the second dial-up on interface called “outside-other”. I configure properly all PPPoE parameters however I’m not able to get my second fix public IP. Somehow, it’s not able to establish a connection with the ISP. (PPPoE session has not been established yet)

This could be useful information: the PPPoE Username is the same in both dial-up connection (given by my ISP).

I hope someone can shed light on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Apologies for my lack of awareness.

Antonio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I never used two ISPs with the same PPPoE-user, but with different users it works. I would approach the problem the following way:

1) Upgrade to v9.0.3

2) Are you using two different VPDN-groups for the two connections? If not, I would try that first.

3) Does the second connection work if the first connection is shut down?

4) Swap the two DSL-modems. Does it work then?

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Security - firewalling". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

I never used two ISPs with the same PPPoE-user, but with different users it works. I would approach the problem the following way:

1) Upgrade to v9.0.3

2) Are you using two different VPDN-groups for the two connections? If not, I would try that first.

3) Does the second connection work if the first connection is shut down?

4) Swap the two DSL-modems. Does it work then?

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Hi,

This is my schema:

connection A ( interface outside) --> DSL --> Router Linksys mode bridge --> Cisco ASA , up and running with IP fix.

connection B ( interface outside-other) --> DSL --> Router Linksys mode bridge --> Cisco ASA, down : Status PADR_SENT

I tried to use two different VPDN_groups for the two connections A and B. However, B is still not working. Just one of them is able to get IP from ISP, connection A.

When I set up the Linksys router (connection B) in PPPoE, the connection works and get an IP fix from ISP.

What I want to do is set up a VPN on connection B so I need to configure this second dial-up on Cisco ASA. I cannot use connection A due to security reasons.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was able to get access using DMZ in one of the Linksys router. I could also set up the VPN connection on this second dial-up.

Thanks for your help,

Antonio

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card