cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5506-X 'dhcprelay' unrecognized command

18bce19132520
Level 1
Level 1

I am a college student, and for my project I want to configure cisco ASA 5506-X with dhcp server in dmz network. I want to provide dynamic IP to internal LAN from dhcp server on dmz network. But when I try to run dhcprelay command it gives me unrecognized command error in packet tracer. Please help me out how can I achieve this.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all why you like to configure DHCP Server in DMZ ? You looking to office DHCP Service outside world ?

If not DHCP Service always required for Local LAN for Allocating DHCP IP Service internally

Best to configure DHCP server inside LAN.

coming to dhcprelay not workoing, can you post version of code you running also, post the error when you enter the command ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

kubn2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unfortunately Packet Tracer is pretty limited software and dhcprelay command isn't available. I would recommend to use something that emulates full software like: Cisco Modeling Labs, Eve-NG or GNS3.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all why you like to configure DHCP Server in DMZ ? You looking to office DHCP Service outside world ?

If not DHCP Service always required for Local LAN for Allocating DHCP IP Service internally

Best to configure DHCP server inside LAN.

coming to dhcprelay not workoing, can you post version of code you running also, post the error when you enter the command ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

kubn2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unfortunately Packet Tracer is pretty limited software and dhcprelay command isn't available. I would recommend to use something that emulates full software like: Cisco Modeling Labs, Eve-NG or GNS3.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card