Views
Helpful
Replies

Datapath causing high CPU

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

During my whole career I've held Cisco and their firewalls in a high regards, even defending the products and services when needed but during the last few months I've started to loose faith. On three different sets of firewalls spanning ASA5525 running ASA only and 5516 running FTD I've had the same issue. Out of the blue or immediately when connecting the internet interface we get a CPU jump and loss of service and DATAPATH shown as using all the CPU.

Neither event where during a time of high load and even if it was, I mean come on, a firewall shouldn't behave like this. As an architect it was my job to acquire new hardware for a firewall upgrade project, a decision I now have to furiously defend.

I've of course registered TAC for all cases but investigation is slow and requires alot of downtime.

Apart from ranting my question to the community is: Is this a common thing? High CPU caused by DATAPATH?

Regards

Fredrik

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card