Helpful
Replies

FMC dashboard stopped showing data

romero_enrico
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Good day!

We have this problem with the FMC dashboard.

It stopped showing data.

One of our network tech restarted the SFR module while the FMC is still live.

This was for troubleshooting purposes why he restarted the SFR because there was a problem between the synchronization of both SFR and FMC.

Previously, it was showing all of the data but after the restart it just stopped displaying the data.

The policy's are still working though.

We haven't restarted the FMC via web GUI.

Because we are unsure what would be the outcome.

How can we resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Enrico

13 Replies 13

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Romero,

Please login to the ssh of the FMC and run the following commands by elevating to a root user.

pmtool status |grep SFTop10Cacher

Verify the status first , then go ahead and restart the service.

pmtool restartbyid SFTop10Cacher

Wait for 30 minutes and see if the dashboard comes back to normal.

Rate if the post helps you

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Jesty,

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So under the FMC terminal.

sudo su -- for root user

then " pmtool status |grep SFTop10Cacher " will check the status.

What should I be expecting under the status? and what should I check?

Then this command " pmtool restartbyid SFTop10Cacher " is to restart the service of FMC.

Not the FMC itself right?

I'll get back to you once I have completed this procedure.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Enrico

Hello Romero,

Login to the ssh of the Firesight Management Center.

admin@123 # sudo su  -

Enter the root password.

root@123 # pmtool status SFTop10Cacher

Verify that the status of the service is running.

This service plays a key role in dashboard data generation.Thus we need to restart this specific service. Restarting this service wont affect any other service in Firesight and it also wont restart the device.

root@123 # pmtool restartbyid SFTop10Cacher

The service will be restarted. After restarting , verify the status of the service once again.

root@123 # pmtool status SFTop10Cacher

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rate if the post helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Jetsy,

Thank you so much for these information.

I will definitely give you feedback or I'll message again if I have any questions.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Hi ,

If the module is in disabled state , we might need to restart some services or we might need to even delete the module from FMC and re add it again.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Hi Guys,

I've done the following procedures:

>> Remove the registered Device under the FMC.

>> Removed the managers under SFR module.

>> Rebooted both SFR and FMC.

>> Applied managers and Device.

>> Reapplied the policies and others.

Traffic was seen however it was just for a short period of time (from 10:42am to 11:07am).

I've even performed the "pmtool status SFTop10Cacher" and "pmtool restartbyid SFTop10Cacher", but currently not showing any data.

Addition to, the SFR module is running on 5.4.1-211 and while the FMC is on 5.4.1.1.

Please see attached images for reference.

I'm really confused on what is going on.

PS:

I have clicked the download updates under the screenshot16.jpg and I got a software version of 5.4.1.7-23. Should I install that update?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Hello Team,

You can upgrade the FMC to the latest version of 5.4.1.7 .To update to Version 5.4.1.7, a Defense Center must be running at least Version 5.4. and thus you can easily upgrade the FMC. Please refer the release notes for any other queries regards with the upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firesight/5408/relnotes/FireSIGHT-System-Release-Notes-version5408-and-5417.html#pgfId-631211

Regards

Jetsy 

Hello Enrico,

As last try you can gracefully reboot the system after above workarounds. If its still doesnt change, you can re-register the Firepower to the Firesight.

Rate and mark correct if the post helps you

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Jesty,

By the means of reboot the system. Meaning restart the SFR and also the FMC?

Re-registering the Firepower to the Firesight process is deleting the registered device and creating a new manager under the SFR module then adding the device again under the FMC? is that right?

I'm just really new to this Cisco ASA so please bear with me.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Enrico

Hi Jesty,

Good day!

Sorry it took so long.

I've followed your instructions about the "pmtool status SFTop10Cacher" and "pmtool restartbyid SFTop10Cacher".

It did not work, we even waited for more than an hour.

Previously the FMC was showing data but it stopped when the SFR was restarted.

Please see images for your reference. This was just taken today after the procedure.

The module status summary of the 172.16.28.2 (SFR module IP) is currently disabled.

How can we fix this?

jwornstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Did you every get this fixed...I'm having the same issue (nothing being logged to event dashboards) with a new installation, everything is configured correctly as I can tell. Logging enabled, redirect in place and showing packets.

I have one installation that is working perfectly, and a second one, the problem one with "no data".

I have a TAC case open but this was just deployed to production and need to fix asap, and TAC ask some questions then disappeared on me.

I have followed most of the troubleshooting procedures listed here and else where but don't see anything obvious but may not know what I looking for.

Martin Bauer
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue as Romero described, our ASA was restarted and after that FMC Dashboard data was missing, even in the Connection > Events there was no information. This was working for like a year with no issues.

The rules were working OK, I could edit them and apply new ones that the policies was doing their work OK, only the damm dashboard infos was not being showed.

I tried to restart the service SFTop10Cacher but it didn't helped.

I'm running ASA 5516 version 9.6(1) with Firepower in version 6.0.1(1213).

I just got this working after rebooting (not restart) the Defense center. According to Cisco TAC this happens because of "the SFTunnel process or the rules on your Access Control does not have the Logging enabled."

I do have the Access Control rule with the logging enable so this could only be some kind of BUG. I'll work with Cisco in this case and if we raise some some information will let you know.

Mártin

sistematico
Level 1
Level 1

how u fixed this issue? how?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card