cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD1010 reimage from CLI to 7.3 giving error

Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

Have an FTD1010 that's been factory reset (currently not registered with an FMC), can get to the FDM instead.
Its currently running version 6.4 and I need to get to 7.3. Hence I have opted to use the reimage guide found here as it means I can go direct to 7.3. From the CLI I am using the command:
firepower /firmware # download image tftp://x.x.x.x/cisco-ftd-fp1k.7.3.0-69.SPA, but gives the error:

"Download failure – Internal error (1)”. 

Have tried STFP and using LAN and mgmt ports. 
Unable to try USB at this time, so need to get tftp or sftp working.
Any idea why the error is happening and suggestions what to try?

Could this be the issue (from the reimage guide) - "When performing a file transfer via FTP/TFTP/SCP/SFTP, you must provide an absolute path to the image, including the server root, as the system prepends a forward slash to the filename provided in the download image request."

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This bug on the version you using : check the below thread -

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/download-failure-internal-error-1/td-p/4482084

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Why not to try to upgrade the firewall through the GUI up to the version you need?

because you need to do something like 3 upgrades to get from 6.4 to 7.3

That will be the case for CLI or GUI any method right?

BB

not if you reimage via CLI, can go direct to any version. We ended up using the USB option (found out that USB 3.0 is not supported), and went from 6.4 to 7.3 in one step.

sure what is the issue here ? are you able to upgrade success? 

USB use OLD school 16GB FAT 16 should work.

BB

Issue originally was that downloading the image via tftp or sftp was giving an error on the CLI - "Download failure – Internal error (1)”. Not sure why? But we used the USB option instead and it was successful.

we understand that we mentioned that was bug.

But we used the USB option instead and it was successful.  - as per this statement  its resolved - my question was recent post are you looking any help here ?

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card